Quick Help (sorry im a noob at this)

Okay so this is my dilemma!

I want my auto it to do this:

Moniter for when a trigger key is pressed, Example F12

run script

end

and wait for key to be pressed again to re run script!

i have no clue what it should look like and im pretty sure its something simple i have no though of...

Can someone please show me what im suposed to do to set up a moniter for trigger key command or something where it runs script and ends and waits for trigger key to re run script?

Look into HotKeySet. The HotKey example in the help file will get you going in the right direction. Put your "run script" stuff in a function like the TogglePause() in the example.

Edited by jezzzzy

Look up the HotKeySet in the Help File.

Basic idea in pseudo code:

Set your hotkey (it references a function)

Do a loop to wait until the hotkey is pressed

Here is where your function does what you want

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

HotKeySet("{ESC}","Terminate")
HotKeySet("{F7}","DoSomething")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func DoSomething()
    MsgBox(4096,"Message","You just hit F7")
EndFunc

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]