Important: Grant System Rights (Permedit)

Hey folks,

i've been discussing a Problem I had lately on this issue: I tried reading Memory from WoW and couldn't. The reason was that AutoIt is running in UserMode and thus cannot access some App's memory. This is why the _MemoryRead() func (by Nomad) returned blank values.

The solution is to grant your Script( which is supposed to read the memory) rights to edit any process on your system. Google "Permedit" to find such a Program.

This is how you fix your Script:

1. Download Permedit (Link)

2. Run your Script

3. Run Permedit ( The process AutoIt.exe must exist when you run Permedit)

4. Look for "AutoIt.exe", select it and Click on "Grant system Rights"

--> Now your script will be able to read the memory of any process on your system!

Now some of you might not have this problem, thus no need for Permedit. I do. And that is why I need your help.

Is there a way to grant such a right without Permedit? Does anyone know what this program does? Is it possible to write a script that is going to grant itself such a right?

/Edit: provided Permedit DL Link

Edited by Zephir

its simple! Just add this line to your code:

SetPrivilege("SeDebugPrivilege", 1)
Which doesn't compile in AutoIt. Where are you getting the SetPrivilege call from? Auto3Lib automatically handles this when dealing with controls. It will try to allocate memory space in the control and, if it fails, will try again using the debug privilege. However, AFAIK, there is no native "SetPrivilege" call in AutoIt.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

• 10 years later...

the correct syntax /example is described in:

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_Security__SetPrivilege.htm

On 28.04.2007 at 5:10 PM, PaulIA said:

Which doesn't compile in AutoIt. Where are you getting the SetPrivilege call from? Auto3Lib automatically handles this when dealing with controls. It will try to allocate memory space in the control and, if it fails, will try again using the debug privilege. However, AFAIK, there is no native "SetPrivilege" call in AutoIt.

• Moderators

arbi_bb,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

But are you sure that after 10 years of not visiting the forum, PaulIA is interested in the answer? Please look at the dates of posts in future as we do not encourage necro-posting.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area