Start script b4 anything

Guest thirdyVeritech

Guest thirdyVeritech

Hi, I'm new here, a C programmer. I just want to create a program for an computer cafe. How do you make a script that starts automatically after logging on and restricts the user from anything but the script?

THANKS!!! www.thirdy.co.nr

Hi, I'm new here, a C programmer. I just want to create a program for an computer cafe. How do you make a script that starts automatically after logging on and restricts the user from anything but the script?

THANKS!!! www.thirdy.co.nr

create user and then put restrictions on a user in win. If you want your program to start auto just put exe file that runs your program in user's startup folder.

Guest thirdyVeritech

create user and then put restrictions on a user in win. If you want your program to start auto just put exe file that runs your program in user's startup folder.

thanks, but how do you make sure that the user is restricted from doing anything but the exe file only?

Set the permissions of the main hard drive for that account so that no program can be run, except the one script executable. Deny the user from doing anything to a file on the hard drive. Then set the script executable so that it can be read and executed only.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...ilesharing.mspx

-The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Guest thirdyVeritech

Set the permissions of the main hard drive for that account so that no program can be run, except the one script executable. Deny the user from doing anything to a file on the hard drive. Then set the script executable so that it can be read and executed only.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...ilesharing.mspx

-The Kandie Man ;-)

I think that will cause denying of running applications.

I want to create a program that will give a user a new interface restricting him/her from modifying anything but only execute applications. I'm thinking of making a separate folder or partition for all public applications and allow it to save files.

I think you need to back up a bit. What you are describing is a kiosk configuration. The correct way to do this is by Windows policy.

See technet: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...p/xpsgch06.mspx

When you implement software restriction policy, the first decision you must make is whether the default security level will be Unrestricted or Disallowed. If the default security level is Unrestricted, then all software will be allowed to run and you will need to configure additional rules to block specific applications. The more secure approach is to configure the default security level to Disallowed, which means no software will be allowed to run, and then configure additional rules to allow specific applications. You can apply software restriction policy to multiple computers through domainbased Group Policies or to individual computers through local Group Policy.

(Underlining is mine.)

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law