Mouse Support for "Resident Evil 4"

er453r

Hi. I wanted to show off with a utility which I wrote for "Resident Evil 4". This game unfortunately doesn't have a mouse support so I tried to simulate one. Results are great, and the game is perfectly playable :D Feel free to try it out, and post some feedback :)

<snip>
Edited by JLogan3o13

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't expected that this thread will be resurrected :D

So, what it basically does is:

1. It checks registry entry for install path, if it doesn't find one it asks the user to select a folder. Then it verifies if the selected folder contains "game.exe" and "SetupTool.ini".

2. Then it collects video settings through the GUI, makes required "SetupTool.ini" with this config, replaces it in the game directory and starts the game.

3. Mouse setting has 2 characteristics $resp and $int.

$resp is the maximum number of milliseconds after the last mouse movement to stop the mouse (mouse inertion simulation)

$int is the intensity of movement. It's a minimum number of pixels covered by mouse to count as a movement. Something like "simulated mouse" sensitivity.

Each mouse movement is compared with the previous one, and, according to this, specific keys are send to translate mouse movement to keyboard. For example, if mouse moved up and left (for more then 8 pixels by default) we press UP+LEFT and hold it (and/or change the direction) until mouse stops it's movement for more then 16 milliseconds.

Additionally, some keys are blocked if others are used.

Thats it. Hope it's easy to understand :)

• 10 years later...

@Zar It is a AutoIt script and you need to install AutoIt in order to use it.

P.S Resurrecting threads is generally frowned upon... especially really old ones this one. Also we do not support game automation anymore

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

3 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

@Zar It is a AutoIt script and you need to install AutoIt in order to use it.

P.S Resurrecting threads is generally frowned upon... especially really old ones this one. Also we do not support game automation anymore

Thanks for the info. and yeah...sorry about Resurrecting this. it just, i love rez 4 and only have my mouse and keyboard at the momment :/

I got the script to run and start the game but it wasnt working... w opens inventory and the mouse doesn't even work. I'm sure the problem is me being a noob but if anyone can help....id really appreciate it! Im feenin for some Biohazard 

The script would not be working with a latest version of AutoIt because of changes in the scripting language over the years, maybe find a version from 2007 and it might work. You won't get more help than this because it is related to game automation and discussion about is not allowed according to the forum rules :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion