HTTP Post

I have a local webserver running on my local xp box. When I open a webpage and go it the URL it has a username and password page that I want to automate via AutoIt. I have downloaded the HTTP.au3 UDF but am not understanding where I put my info that I want to put into each field of the form. I know I dont edit the UDF but rather make my own script that INCLUDES http.au3.

What do I need to do? :)

Where can I get a sample of such a thing that I can play with? that has this type of thing done.

Thanks

Edited by MrChris

The whole UDF file is included in your script by one entry at the top:

#include <http.au3>

For the rest of the script, you can use everything in that UDF as though you had copy/pasted it in right there.

If you need more help, post some code on what have, even if it's broken.

I've heard of IE.au3 UDF by Dale Hohm, but don't know where http.au3 comes from. There should be examples there, wherever it is. Open the actual UDF file in SciTe and there are probably very helpful comments in it.

:)

Edit: Found the reference. Search is your friend!

HTTP.AU3 UDF by OverloadUT:

Basically, it's a fully compliant HTTP/1.1 client. It uses only the TCP functions; no DllCall needed here!

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You should use IE.au3 it is in the latest release. Take a look in the helpfile under UDF and IE there you will find a lot of nice info for IE automation

I haven't had occasion to use it yet, but I think I see how HTTP.au3 would be better that IE.au3 in the same situations where you would use Lynx browser instead of Firefox. To examine and process the HTTP function directly in a text mode without a GUI that only gets in the way for automation.

Maybe, anyway... :)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If the post operation is all you want to do, then you can avoid the overhead os starting IE to broker the request for you by using the HTTP UDF. If you want to do other things, like examine form contents prior to submission or use the DOM (Document Object Model) to parse the information returned by the request, then IE.au3 would be recommended.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble