Setting my sights on a bot for a MMO.

Hello all.

Lately I have been very interested in making a bot for a MMO I play called Anarchy Online. It's an almost 6 year old game and there is virtually zero bots out there for it. I'm not sure since it is so old if it would be easier or actually harder to code a bot for it. I 'think' I know the basics of bot creation. I have to make some system to move around, Target creatures, Kill them, heal up accordingly then continue on. However I have NO idea how to go about this.

The areas where this bot would be used is in an instanced 'mission' These are randomly generated so that is probably going to be more difficult to figure out how to move around in. The plus side though is I wouldn't have to worry about detection from other players / wandering into too high creatures etc.

So can anyone clue me in as where to get started? :)

Hello all.

Lately I have been very interested in making a bot for a MMO I play called Anarchy Online. It's an almost 6 year old game and there is virtually zero bots out there for it. I'm not sure since it is so old if it would be easier or actually harder to code a bot for it. I 'think' I know the basics of bot creation. I have to make some system to move around, Target creatures, Kill them, heal up accordingly then continue on. However I have NO idea how to go about this.

The areas where this bot would be used is in an instanced 'mission' These are randomly generated so that is probably going to be more difficult to figure out how to move around in. The plus side though is I wouldn't have to worry about detection from other players / wandering into too high creatures etc.

So can anyone clue me in as where to get started? :)

Do this game have sort of like a anti-cheat program along with it?

Do this game have sort of like a anti-cheat program along with it?

If you mean like WoW has warden, I'm not sure about that. It wasn't a very popular game and the programmers often take the "easy way out" So I highly doubt it does.

First off you need all updates on you char with all map tools, direction, npc's and so on, then you can create a bot witch pixelreads the mapwindow.

Then you split the map into blocks and do fail searching every block.

The targeting, killing, healing wont be the problem. The movement system is the pain inn the a**.

Then when not inn mission you use F9? (Location button) to know where you are by creating a log for location messages. ( This is how you are able to catch new missions. )

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

First off you need all updates on you char with all map tools, direction, npc's and so on, then you can create a bot witch pixelreads the mapwindow.

Then you split the map into blocks and do fail searching every block.

The targeting, killing, healing wont be the problem. The movement system is the pain inn the a**.

Then when not inn mission you use F9? (Location button) to know where you are by creating a log for location messages. ( This is how you are able to catch new missions. )

Wow never thought of using the map like that, thanks for that tip :)

Ok I've started trying to code a system that scans the ingame HP bar for red pixels. I'm going to have it broken down into 10 search blocks indicating 10% hp 20% hp etc.

I started with a simple pixelgetcolor and a Send() function, but I can't get it to do anything. Here is what I have coded:

Sleep ( 5000 )
    $hp = PixelGetcolor( 170, 917 )
    If $hp = 16724480 Then
        Send( "{ 1 down }" )
        Sleep( 15 )
        Send( "{ 1 up }" )
    EndIf

Ok I've started trying to code a system that scans the ingame HP bar for red pixels. I'm going to have it broken down into 10 search blocks indicating 10% hp 20% hp etc.

I started with a simple pixelgetcolor and a Send() function, but I can't get it to do anything. Here is what I have coded:

Sleep ( 5000 )
    $hp = PixelGetcolor( 170, 917 )
    If $hp = 16724480 Then
        Send( "{ 1 down }" )
        Sleep( 15 )
        Send( "{ 1 up }" )
    EndIf
Try this to just test out HP func:

While 1
$HP=PixcelGetColor(170,917)
If $HP= 16724480 Then
Send( "{ 1 down }" )
Sleep( 15 )
Send( "{ 1 up }" )
Else
Sleep(2500)
EndIf
Sleep(1500)
WEnd
Edited by Generator

Hmm I tried Your code and it still didn't budge. So I changed the Send to move forward button instead of 1, and it worked.

The things I tell it to Send doesn't seem to do what it normally does ingame, for instance if I tell it to send "SPACE" it will open up a bunch of the game windows instead of jumping.

Edited by Steve080

Hmm I tried Your code and it still didn't budge. So I changed the Send to move forward button instead of 1, and it worked.

You have syntax error in Send func then, read the help file and make sure.

Or you can just use Send and see if it works. Instead of Keydown and up which is general used in game.