Admin Toolkit

dinodod

Guys and Gals,

I've been playing with this applet for myself and was wondering what you think?

Digital Chaos Admin Toolkit

The application is compiled due to numerous files in my project. I have plenty of thoughts in the reporting portion which could take up quite a bit of time so I really need to get my SQLite DB working.

What i would like to know is what you think of it and what you would like to see. I see so many indiviidual applets out there that I figured I could simplify and combine them into 1 master toolkit.

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

this is pretty cool for the most part on ideas and such, however, there do seem to be some abnormalities such as when you click on to the main part of the window beside the menu, it does not recognize clicks or commands for the functions of w/e you click on. It just doesnt open the page that you clicked on. Another, yeah, sorry if Im ruining your fun, is that I dont know whether you have a widescreen but the window shows up 1206x625 and it shows up on my screen but some people's screens are not big enough to see all that. But thats npt really a BIG problem lol, its just a little bit more "user friendly" i guess, to have that window a bit smaller. Perhaps if you enabled the maximize button up by the exit it would be easier for people? This is not meant to put you down in any way or to tell you that you have to improve it, just some simple "criticism" I guess. It really is a good idea though, GJ! :) keep working with it!

~Nikolai :D

No problem at all. Thank you for your view on things.

I've noticed the issue with the clicks not seeming to work. Something of a mystery as to why it happens. Need to track it down. If you can recall what you were clicking on when it started to not do anything, I can look into it. of course, I'm also revising my code for the x time, always trying to make it easier to read and understand. I started with 1 huge file for all my functions then got lost in it so I'm breaking up each piece into it's own file. More files to handle but way easier to understand

As for the screen size option, your right on that. I have a 1600x1200 rsolution and I haven't changed it to see what my script would look like then. The probem i forsee is that all my windows will look odd. This will probably be an issue sooner than later but I am actually trying to get my functions to work 1st before I turn all artistic on it :)

If there is anything you'd like to see added... I have a thought about running some system tools in another tab. Like using the SFC /Scannow option, resetting IE to defaults, etc...

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

yes, I understand the thing about the screens. I have hotwired 8 screens together to make one big screen, but sorta like with partitions lol. If anyone has seem that cool computer in the movie "Swordfish", it looks like that but double the screens i think lol. So technically I have about a 136" screen size lol. (good for movies btw)

I think that I narrowed it down to 3 clicks, then it doesnt work anymore. 'Course, sometimes i got 4 in, so i guess its not written in stone only 3.

This type of things kinda makes me wonder if I could use this to create a complete seperate database management utility to allow me to update my site via this instead of a programmed utility done in PHP -- be a bit more secure as no one has access to my computer but may be able to somehow gain access to the admin location...

hmm maybe i'll try it oneday...

Once plugins are finished, I will have a fully featured SQLite plugin. That would I am sure help in your reporting as it will be potentially easier to use than the current SQLite option.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Source?

No source as it's pretty ugly currently. I have several files that im using and it's a glob of code that I have to clean up. You'd be confused more so than understanding. Only my mindless thoughts could possibly understand the goo of code I write

This type of things kinda makes me wonder if I could use this to create a complete seperate database management utility to allow me to update my site via this instead of a programmed utility done in PHP -- be a bit more secure as no one has access to my computer but may be able to somehow gain access to the admin location...

hmm maybe i'll try it oneday...

Well, I'm sure you can but PHP is also very secure if done right. I don't know PHP except from what my friend tells me. He loves it to death.

But if you are looking for a SQLite DB manager, I hope to have something.. I will need to wait till the other guys posts his SQLite solution up 1st to see...

Once plugins are finished, I will have a fully featured SQLite plugin. That would I am sure help in your reporting as it will be potentially easier to use than the current SQLite option.

JS

SWEET!!!!! Thank you 10xxxxxx

BTW, I'm going to look over your ComputerInfo UDF. Looks like a match made in heaven :)

Edited by dinodod

No source as it's pretty ugly currently. I have several files that im using and it's a glob of code that I have to clean up. You'd be confused more so than understanding. Only my mindless thoughts could possibly understand the goo of code I write

And ??

Well I wouldnt run an autoitscript without knowing the source :) - You could have it in a zip, and replace it when you have it cleaned.

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

And ??

Well I wouldnt run an autoitscript without knowing the source :D - You could have it in a zip, and replace it when you have it cleaned.

I understand. God knows what kinds of junk or SPYWARE I put into my program :D Steal your secrets and change your passwords :D

Thats why I use Virtual Systems like Virtual Desktops :)

http://www.vmware.com/solutions/desktop/vdi.html

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx

Well rather read your source - then installing a new virtuel windows :D

No problem there, I might have to keep SOME of my secrets though :) patent pending optimized code is so hard to find :D

Believe me, I use the Virtual systems for just about everything I do. My main box is stays clean minus the games I put on it and the few apps I use.

No problem there, I might have to keep SOME of my secrets though :) patent pending optimized code is so hard to find :D

Believe me, I use the Virtual systems for just about everything I do. My main box is stays clean minus the games I put on it and the few apps I use.

Then you wont use autoit - It can still be decompiled easily :D

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

If I allow decompilation, right? That's not checked in my compiler.

I understand. God knows what kinds of junk or SPYWARE I put into my program :D Steal your secrets and change your passwords :D

Thats why I use Virtual Systems like Virtual Desktops :)

http://www.vmware.com/solutions/desktop/vdi.html

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx

You may have a look at http://www.virtualbox.org

This is one I use for most of my virtual machines, works very well and is free (for private use).

Dick