screen shot

alright, screenshot.

Auto3lib is great, but it's not fast enough.

This time, performance in an issue, is au3 able to be optimized for higher performance, or am I better off writing it in something like c++ myself?

please comment.

oh, I need to write OCR as well.

alright, screenshot.

Auto3lib is great, but it's not fast enough.

This time, performance in an issue, is au3 able to be optimized for higher performance, or am I better off writing it in something like c++ myself?

please comment.

oh, I need to write OCR as well.

The speed has nothing to do with Auto3Lib, as I explained to you before. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but I was able to do a screen capture and save to file every 100 milliseconds. And that's a full screen bitmap. What EXACTLY are you trying to do, make a movie?
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

If he's trying to capture an on screen movie, he should try the free Windows Media Encoder software. Or, if he's trying to capture youtube videos, he could use one of the many download sites and then convert the movies to something useful with SUPERĀ©...

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Hello noble folks of Autoit!

My first post.

I am nourishing an idea of a program that will aim to take screen readings in two places of the screen (approx 1cm2 in size) every 1minute and dump text (or numbers) that appear there into excel.

So I want to be able to train the program on two spots of the screen and leave it alone while it dumps text into my excel every minute basicaly.

Anyone achieved anything like this? Any idea of how much this would cost to develop???

Thanks

Hello noble folks of Autoit!

My first post.

I am nourishing an idea of a program that will aim to take screen readings in two places of the screen (approx 1cm2 in size) every 1minute and dump text (or numbers) that appear there into excel.

So I want to be able to train the program on two spots of the screen and leave it alone while it dumps text into my excel every minute basicaly.

Anyone achieved anything like this? Any idea of how much this would cost to develop???

Thanks

It seems to be customary to welcome someone on their first posting - so welcome.

I think you shouldn't start by jumping on to someone elses unrelated thread. Start your own, if you must.

If you are looking for someone to quote you on a job then you will get redirected to http://www.rentacoder.com/

If you want to see something similiar to what you are asking for then http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=254654

Goodluck

Edited by 1905russell