HELP: Program to close active window

Guest kewlsunman

Guest kewlsunman

Hi all, I'd like to see an example of a script that could perform an "Alt+F4" on the active window. Basically, all I want is something I can run, it will find the previous active window, and close it. For instance, I hotkey this program to my keyboard. While I'm surfing the net, I press the hotkey and Internet Explorer closes. Or I'm typing on AIM, I press the hotkey and AIM closes. And then, this script will exit out of itself.

Any and all help appreciated =)

-ksm

Edited by kewlsunman

Guest kewlsunman

Wow, that was quick, I appreciate it =)

However... I guess that wasn't what I was looking for.... Let me explain further, I have a Multimedia Keyboard and I want one of those buttons to be able to perform a "Close Active Program" action. The buttons can only be programmed to either access a webpage or access an .exe. Thus, the only thing I can think of is to write a program that somehow determines what the active window at that moment is (not including itself) and closes it.

I went and wrote a program like this in VB and everything seemed great, until I actually linked the special button to the program. Then I realized that the program was actually closing the keyboard software that was linking the program to the keys.

What I'm thinking is just a quick program that can send keystrokes: specifically ALT+F4, and then it will immediately close itself.

Thanks again!

-ksm

Edited by kewlsunman

However... I guess that wasn't what I was looking for....  Let me explain further, I have a Multimedia Keyboard and I want one of those buttons to be able to perform a "Close Active Program" action.  The buttons can only be programmed to either access a webpage or access an .exe.  Thus, the only thing I can think of is to write a program that somehow determines what the active window at that moment is (not including itself) and closes it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the Larry program do not works? It is strange.

Make a program like

msgbox(0,'TEST',WinGetTitle("") )

compile it and test it with you keyboard.

So you'll know that is the active window when you press the button.