Printing dynamic text on a preset sheet

Hi all,

what I want to this print sheets of papers for dynamic names. It's for an election program...basically I add names to a list and then want to print vote sheets for each of the candidates. How can this be done in AutoIt? What I will need to do is print a name say 3cm from the top left corner of the sheet (as the name goes there in the template).

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

I was thinking of using IE and CSS to do what I need.

#include <IE.au3>

$file = @scriptdir & "\output.htm"
FileWriteLine($file,"<b>Bold text</b>")

$oIE = _IECreate ($file,0,0)
_IEAction ($oIE, "print")
_IEQuit ($oIE)

However, when I try this code no printer dialog box opens for me. :)

Have a search in the helpfile or on the forum for a start !!

_FilePrint ( $s_File [, $i_Show] )

#include <File.au3>

$file = FileOpenDialog("Print File", "", "Text Documents (*.txt)", 1)
If @error Then Exit

$print = _FilePrint($file)
If $print Then
    MsgBox(0, "Print", "The file was printed.")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Print", "Error: " & @error & @CRLF & "The file was not printed.")

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

I saw a reference to a "Word Automation Library", which I assume refers to M$ Word - I haven't looked at it too hard, but it might have some pertinence here.

Now, the question is, does it have any pertinence to Open Office?

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

@Shevilie: Hrm, I guess you did not understand what I was saying. I need formatting...like dynamic text from 3cms of the left top corner of the paper. Simply printing a file is not what I need. :)

@longtex: Got any link for me please?

@Shevilie: Hrm, I guess you did not understand what I was saying. I need formatting...like dynamic text from 3cms of the left top corner of the paper. Simply printing a file is not what I need. :)

@longtex: Got any link for me please?

Er, uh, I haven't tried setting these cute little internal links, so I'll just tell you where I found it -

Go to Example Scripts and search "word automation library" and it'll be right there for you...

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

• 2 months later...