Running Autoit from protable HDD

I have installed the Autoit software on a remote HDD, which can be connected to a PC via USB port. I would like to be able to edit a script, compile and test from this portable drive. I now have it installed on the drive, can edit the script, compile it after a fashion ( I have to point to the program files\autoit3 folder on the portable drive (f: drive.). F1 will not go to help file and the F5 will not run (test) the script test.

I guess what I an trying to accomplish is to have the Autoit program run, execute, from the portable drive and run just like it would running from the C drive. I am thinking there is a .INF file with default locations stored, or it may not be possible.

New Bee

What you are describing sounds more like you are wanting to run Scite (the IDE program most people use to make scripts) without installing it on remote systems.

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to tell you how to do so, or if it is even feasible (I suspect not however).

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

• Developers

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to tell you how to do so, or if it is even feasible (I suspect not however).

Why are you suspecting this ?

I have posted a script in the Examples that allows you to run SciTE4AutoIt3 and all its tools from a jumpdrive ......

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...e&pid=64536

This should give you an idea how it can be done ... :)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)