Autoit + Wine supported functions

Does anyone know what functions are supported in Wine? If i could find out, i could write a little guide on it... and i could use Autoit on Ubuntu. Ubuntu pwns.

I can confirm that both the Autoit3 installer AND the SciTe installer are fully functional on Wine and i am developing scripts on wine right now :)

Also, both the Console and the Syntax highlighting work, but the intellisence, when it opens up, covers the script you are typing. Other than that, SciTE is perfect, i have written scripts on Ubuntu and ran them flawlessly :D

I can confirm that both the Autoit3 installer AND the SciTe installer are fully functional on Wine and i am developing scripts on wine right now :)

Also, both the Console and the Syntax highlighting work, but the intellisence, when it opens up, covers the script you are typing. Other than that, SciTE is perfect, i have written scripts on Ubuntu and ran them flawlessly :D

Same here, the installers worked fine. I haven't really done much on my list of functions, but I think about only 5 of 100 functions tested don't work (just for _A through _G)

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone

I have "ported" some programs writen originally for windows-autoit to autoit "safe" ubuntu.

Functions related specificly to Windows OS doesn't work and all automation fuctions only work in "wine windows" not ubuntu native windows.

If someone else still needs information I will post tested functions and example programs...

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

Wine is starting to be elusive on opening SciTe. When i try to open it, the Scite window stops responding and it won't repaint itself. Also, the machine will run fine, nothing will stop responding except the SciTe window, and on my windows system, when a process doesn't respond, the entire system goes dead (I think because it is trying to give priority to the failing process, thus not having enough system resources to run the other processes)

Just my theory on that.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bringing this back up, but i have more confirmations!

I have found that TCP functions are... Functioning! I tested the Remote Autoit script i made a while back, and both client and server are functional to their fullest extent!