gui gif trnasitions help needed.

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me :) plz

Ive got 2 transparent gifs and Im wanting to do a fade from one to the other.

Now my problems are comming from.

If I use WinSetTrans. then this a breaks the transparency of the gif and sets the transparency of the object, also it flickers badly.

Also I want to fade just a component of the gui (not the whole gui) which I cant get to work with the dll call .

CODE
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 2000, "long", 0x00080000); fade-in gui

as this wants to animate the whole window.

Ideally I want to

a. create a gui.

b create a picture (transparent gif) and fade from gif A to gif B which is also a transparent gif.

But I'd settle for a gui with an element that I can fade one gif out and fade another gif in.

can any one help

Thanks is advance :D

Welcome to the internet :) where men are men! Women are men! and 16 year old women are FBI agents!

Off the top of my head, it seems like I've managed this before, but I can't find my script in which I did it. Here's how (I think):

-Create a webpage element:

$oIEwin=ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")oÝ÷ غv+2¢êÆP®¶­sbb33c¶ôWvSÔuT7G&Ä7&VFTö&¢b33c¶ôWvâÇÇÇrÆoÝ÷ Ùjâµë½êÚtÌ-ø¥zÊZ¶,¶Þv)ôߧâéÚíZÝ7éø¥zv¦{h§¶¬{¦¦W®²)à)^Z¸­x¸§{*.綶[[¡ÜÊ%¢oÝ÷ ÙÚ0«^½êò¢ìÛh|¨º»®*m¶§Â§Ê°j{m¡özÚ2¢êç{`û¬y«­¢+ØÀÌØí½%Á¹¹Ù¥Ñ ÀÌØí¥±¹µÈ
then rewrite $filename1 to contain your third gif, if desired.

-continue rewriting and reloading $filename1 and $filename2 and the IE window should handle the fading for you. Since the background matches your GUI's background, it looks like it's transparent and a part of your window. The only problem I don't remember if I solved is how to remove the "dropped" look of the IE object on the GUI (with its border making it clear it's a separate part of the GUI). There should be a way to remove the border, but I don't know for sure.

There's probably a better way too, but someone else will have to have a brilliant idea and tell you about it...this is the best I can come up with :)

Hope it helps even a little!

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

"There should be a way to remove the border, but I don't know for sure."

From lod3n: $oIE.document.body.style.border = "0px"

"There's probably a better way too..."

Me. I would use a small Flash movie, .swf.

But you need to make one.

I usw SWiSHmax a cheap version to make .swf's but I am sure thare are others even free.

gsb

Edited by gsb
"Did you ever stop to think? ...and forget to restart!"