Obtaining the last line of WinGetText

I decides to make a new thread, seign as the problem my old thread was about was solved.

To make things clear, my end goal here is to detect a new line, how many lines there were, and what the last line detected was !

So far I've got steps one and two. The code below detects a new line on the window, then tells me how many lines there are, the problem is I need to find out how to get the text of the new line it detected. (So the out put looks something like: "New line found, now X amount of lines, last line detected was: Hello".

Any suggestions on how to do this, much appreciated.

EDIT: I seen the reply below to try:

MsgBox (0, "No. Lines", "The control has " & $string[0] & " lines." & @CRLF & "Last line: " & $string[$String[0]])
How ever, this still returns a blank line. I tried it like this DOUBLE EDIT: Just to make sure it was actualy returning text, I also added a Clipput($ctrltext) into the code, and pasted it in note pad, the last line of text was defiantly there, althogh the message box turned up plain :)

AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

While 1
    $ctrltext = WinGetText("[gvbaals, online in channel op vala] - StealthBot v2.6 Revision 3", "")
    If  $ctrltext <> WinGetText("[gvbaals, online in channel op vala] - StealthBot v2.6 Revision 3", "")  Then
    $ctrltext =WinGetText("[gvbaals, online in channel op vala] - StealthBot v2.6 Revision 3", "")
        MsgBox (0, "Text Added!", "A new line has been added" & @CRLF & $ctrltext)
        Sleep(2000)
        $string = StringSplit ($ctrltext, @LF, 1)
        MsgBox (0, "No. Lines", "The control has " & $string[0] & " lines." & @CRLF & "Last line: " & $string[$String[0]])
        Sleep(30)
    EndIf
WEnd

Original code:

While 1
    $ctrltext = WinGetText("O_O...", "")
    If  $ctrltext <> WinGetText("O_O....", "") Then
    $ctrltext =WinGetText("O_O....", "")
        MsgBox (0, "Text Added!", "A new line has been added" &@CRLF &$ctrltext)
        $string = StringSplit ($ctrltext, @LF, 0)
        MsgBox (0, "No. Lines", "The control has " & $string[0] & " lines.")
        Sleep(30)
    EndIf
WEnd
Edited by lolp1

With 208 posts, you should know better than to start a redundant topic... Answer will be posted to original topic.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

With 208 posts, you should know better than to start a redundant topic... Answer will be posted to original topic.

Ehh? The original topic was a different problem and not diretec correctly in the topic name, this is a proper topic with a proper title with the proper data.

Ehh? The original topic was a different problem and not diretec correctly in the topic name, this is a proper topic with a proper title with the proper data.

My apologies if I misunderstood. It looked the same to me, and I answered in the other topic.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

My apologies if I misunderstood. It looked the same to me, and I answered in the other topic.

It's ok , I think you may even be right and me wrong, but it's all said and done now :D. Anyways, I tried your suggestion like so:

EDIT: It appears the StringStrip was missing a flag ! I just added the flag as 4 (as remove) to remove double spaces, seems to work !

While 1
    $ctrltext = WinGetText("O_O....", "")
    If  $ctrltext <>     $ctrltext = WinGetText("O_O....", "")  Then
    $ctrltext = $ctrltext = WinGetText("O_O....", "")
     ; MsgBox (0, "Text Added!", "A new line has been added" & @CRLF & $ctrltext)

;Sleep(2000)
;Clipput($ctrltext)
        $string = StringSplit ($ctrltext, @LF, 1)
        For $n = $string[0] To 1 Step -1
            If StringStripWS($string[$n]) <> "" Then
                MsgBox (0, "No. Lines", "The control has " & $string[0] & " lines." & @CRLF & "Last non-blank line: " & $string[$n])
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
WEnd

When attempted to use, I get the error:

Line 13 (File "C:/blah...")
If StringStripWS($string[$n]) <> "" Then
If ^ERROR

Error: Incorrect number of parameters in this function call

Did I implement it wrong? Also, thanks for all this help, really appreciate it :D.

Edited by lolp1