Function to return an array with the sub-elements of an object ?

Or maybe there's a function I missed out on...

What I want is a way (built in or "to be built by us" function) of returning let's say, an array with all the menu items for a certain menu like this: $array = MenuFunc($menu)

Or an array with the handles of listviewitems... $array = ListViewFunc($listview)... or an array with all the tabs... and so on, a function for any sub somethings of something else.

I'd gladly work out a SubItem_UDF if someone would give me a hint. If necessary...

What do you think ? :)

Or maybe there's a function I missed out on...

What I want is a way (built in or "to be built by us" function) of returning let's say, an array with all the menu items for a certain menu like this: $array = MenuFunc($menu)

Or an array with the handles of listviewitems... $array = ListViewFunc($listview)... or an array with all the tabs... and so on, a function for any sub somethings of something else.

I'd gladly work out a SubItem_UDF if someone would give me a hint. If necessary...

What do you think ? :)

When you create the menu items you could do it with an array from the start

Dim $items[40]

$items[0]=0;say use the zero element for the number of menu items
$item[$item[0] + 1] = GuictrlcreatMenuItem(......
$item[0] += 1

Isthat any use?

Edit: Whoops, overlapped with Shevillie

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks, you see what happened is that I declared those subitems before I was aware that I'll need to turn them into an array. And then I wished: "If I only could call these subitems by using the mother item...", like "first menu item of a certain menu..." I was hopping for a GuiCtrlGetSubItems or something, but I couldn't find anything in the help file.

If no one else has any ideas, then... I guess it will all come down to one thing: getting used to the good habit of declaring sub items of anything in an array from now on.

If no one else has any ideas, then... I guess it will all come down to one thing: getting used to the good habit of declaring sub items of anything in an array from now on.

Yep... Thats the thing to do :)

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit