Copy Move and Rename

This is a piece of code which copies a file and moves it to another directory with a new name. Whilst my code works without any problems Is their a more efficient way of achieving the same outcome?

CODE
$var = FileSaveDialog("Choose a Name", @scriptdir & "\DataFiles\MsgLibrary\", "All (*.*)", 2)

Dim $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt

$splitcsv = _PathSplit($var, $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt)

$Cfile = $szFName & $szExt

FileCopy($var, @scriptdir & "\DataFiles\MsgLibrary\Move\",9)

FileMove(@scriptdir & "\DataFiles\MsgLibrary\Move\" & $CFile, @scriptdir & "\DataFiles\defaultmsg\test.csv", 9)

Cheers

Ant...

What can I see so far:

$var = FileSaveDialog("Choose a Name", @scriptdir & "\DataFiles\MsgLibrary\", "All (*.*)", 2)       ;here you get the full path
Dim $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt
$splitcsv = _PathSplit($var, $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt)                    ;you do this to get the filename
$Cfile = $szFName & $szExt
FileCopy($var, @scriptdir & "\DataFiles\MsgLibrary\Move\",9)                          ;copy the file to your script dir
FileMove(@scriptdir & "\DataFiles\MsgLibrary\Move\" & $CFile, @scriptdir & "\DataFiles\defaultmsg\test.csv", 9)    ;move the file to the new locationoÝ÷ Ûú®¢×¶ÇÚ&zØZµ§(º^¶§Æ«zì¢W­zØ^¥ªí¶¶Ø^~)^©Ê zÛayû¥­úèX¥y&¯x8*ºZÛax*)Ëó(½ì!Êz-qØ«yË¢¢µ8b²ÈhºW]¢Ø^±©¶§«­¢+ØÀÌØíÙÈô¥±MÙ¥±½ ÅÕ½Ðí
¡½½Í9µÅÕ½Ðì°ÍÉ¥ÁѥȵÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈíÑ¥±ÌÀäÈí5Í1¥ÉÉäÀäÈìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí±° ¨¸¨¤ÅÕ½Ðì°È¤)¥±
½Áä ÀÌØíÙÈ°ÍÉ¥ÁѥȵÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈíÑ¥±ÌÀäÈíձѵÍÀäÈíÑÍйÍØÅÕ½Ðì°ä¤

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Thanks for that it works perfectly.

When I searched the Forum the solution offered was 'filemove' which I guess got me off on the wrong foot.

That solution just gave me another problem which was how to preserve the origional file hence the convoluted process.

I guess with code there is always more than one way of achiving a working outcome you just have to make sure that you have the most elegant way (economical) way. Thanks for the direction

Cheers Ant..

Glad it worked :)

And indeed - there are countless ways to do the same thing but , unfortunately we can't see always the shortest way ... you know, this is like you're watching a chess game - when you're not one of the players you can think better moves more easy :D

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)