guicreate style how

What styles do you use to make a window maximized, have a minimize and maximize button, and not allow changing of size?

I know I need

$WS_SYSMENU + $WS_MINIMIZEBOX + $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX

Sorry for the noob question... I DID READ THE HELP!

this is as close as I have been able to get

BitOR($WS_CLIPSIBLINGS,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,$WS_POPUP)

It has the Restore Down option, which I want to disable, and it can be moved with the titlebar

Edited by daslick

This works for me...

GUICreate("test", 400, 300, -1, -1, $WS_SYSMENU+$WS_MINIMIZEBOX+$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX+$WS_CAPTION)

Cheers

Edit: when I look at your first post again , I'm still not sure exactly what you mean.

If I maximise a window then it's resized to fullscreen.. Is your gui starting a maximized and you only want the option to minimize to the toolbar and restore it only to fullscreen when returned from the toolbar?

Edited by smashly

Edit: when I look at your first post again , I'm still not sure exactly what you mean.

If I maximise a window then it's resized to fullscreen.. Is your gui starting a maximized and you only want the option to minimize to the toolbar and restore it only to fullscreen when returned from the toolbar?

In other words: Must be either Full Screen or Minimized- no resizing.

Sorry, i just found your post very confusing :)

Yep Senton-Bomb I can see I may come off as confusing, I often baffle myself at times ... :)

Hey daslick if you wanted the maximized viewing of the gui in relation to the desktops resolution, taking into account that a user may have their windows toolbar in various position , with minimize and maximize without resizing the window then you could try this:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Global $tl[4]

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) ; So the Shell_TrayWnd pos and size can be found.

TrayPosition() ; Get the pos and size of the Shell_TrayWnd so you can set the gui max size of the desktop is but still keeping it in view.

GUICreate("test",@DesktopWidth - $tl[0],@DesktopHeight - $tl[1], $tl[2], $tl[3], $WS_SYSMENU+$WS_MINIMIZEBOX+$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX+$WS_CAPTION)
GuiSetState()

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
    Case -3
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func TrayPosition()
    $tsf = WinGetPos("classname=Shell_TrayWnd")
    If $tsf[0] = 0 And $tsf[1] <= 0 And $tsf[3] < @DesktopHeight Then ;Top
        $tl[0] = 0
        $tl[1] = $tsf[3]
        $tl[2] = 0
        $tl[3] = $tsf[3]
    ElseIf $tsf[0] = 0 And $tsf[1] > 0 And $tsf[2] = @DesktopWidth Then ;Bottom
        $tl[0] = 0
        $tl[1] = $tsf[3]
        $tl[2] = 0
        $tl[3] = 0
    ElseIf $tsf[0] <= 0 And $tsf[1] = 0 And $tsf[3] = @DesktopHeight Then ;Left
        $tl[0] = $tsf[2]
        $tl[1] = 0
        $tl[2] = $tsf[2]
        $tl[3] = 0
    ElseIf $tsf[0] > 0 And $tsf[1] = 0 And $tsf[3] = @DesktopHeight Then ; Right
        $tl[0] = $tsf[2]
        $tl[1] = 0
        $tl[2] = 0
        $tl[3] = 0
    EndIf
EndFunc

Cheers

Edited by smashly

What styles do you use to make a window maximized, have a minimize and maximize button, and not allow changing of size?

Sorry about that I shoulda guessed that part about vista and no maximize or no moved, have no idea when it comes to vista...lol

Good luck

PS. Thank You once again for your great work on that desktop viewing scrtipt you wrote , I got it running comfortably on XP using the above sample as a backdrop, using A2D plugin presenting 5 frames a sec on my lan. The good part about using the A2d plugin to draw the snapshot is the d3d device actually resizes the render to the backdrop size of the gui. (no cropping) So I can view the full image of 1600 x 1200 snapshot remotely on my other low res monitor PCs. w00t :)

@ Senton-Bomb :D hmph , It looks like my earlier question wasn't so confusing after I read daslick last post.

Edited by smashly