Linux: wine: not found?!?!

I just made an .sh file, here's the code:

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/home/autoit/Desktop; export PATH
wine "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe"
exit 0
I added chmod and ran this with ./SciTE.sh, and it finds the .sh file all right, but it says that 'wine' is an invalid command. I have checked a few times now and I am completely sure WINE is installed, because typing this in terminal works fine:
wine "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe"
But for some reason it is unknown in the .sh file.

I don't know, I'm a Linux n00b.. just got it a few days ago :)

But anyway, does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here?

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

On the wine line, try putting the path to the wine binary in front of wine. That should fix it.

Ummm..

Where's the path of the WINE binary? I've always just used 'wine'.

Oh, wait, /bin/wine, right?

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Ehm... I was responding to the original script, and not your suggestion. I was saying exactly that -- the PATH variable shouldn't need to be touched in the script, and as long as you don't touch it, the shell should be able to figure out the path to wine on its own, even without specifying the path.

[ WinINet.au3 | Array.au3 (Optimized) | _UnixTimeParse() ]

Ehm... I was responding to the original script, and not your suggestion. I was saying exactly that -- the PATH variable shouldn't need to be touched in the script, and as long as you don't touch it, the shell should be able to figure out the path to wine on its own, even without specifying the path.

Then why isn't it? :)

Then why isn't it?

Because you're setting the PATH to where wine isn't. Listen to -Ultima-. The PATH environment variable tells the shell where to find executables. You don't need to specify it, and by doing so you're breaking it. Remove the PATH statement from your shell script.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]