auto ID and password entry

I've searched and searched help and forum entries so I'm posting question. I've written a script to log into some different types of accounts. I want to log into a screen were the first time I log in I have to enter my login ID and then password and then every time after that I just need to enter the password. The login window has several fields beyond the "User Name:" and Password:" fields. How can I test the User Name field to see if the ID is already there. Like I know how to tab to that field but don't know how to select the field and get the value into a variable to test if there is an ID there already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

I've searched and searched help and forum entries so I'm posting question. I've written a script to log into some different types of accounts. I want to log into a screen were the first time I log in I have to enter my login ID and then password and then every time after that I just need to enter the password. The login window has several fields beyond the "User Name:" and Password:" fields. How can I test the User Name field to see if the ID is already there. Like I know how to tab to that field but don't know how to select the field and get the value into a variable to test if there is an ID there already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

Not sure about what you're asking. Do you want to know how to read what is in an edit box say, or do you mean you want to keep a list of people who have logged in and need to know if they are already logged, or something else?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Not sure about what you're asking. Do you want to know how to read what is in an edit box say, or do you mean you want to keep a list of people who have logged in and need to know if they are already logged, or something else?

I want to read what is in the ID "edit box" and see if it is my id and then go to the next field and put in the password. I continue to search and have found the ControlCommand but don't know how that might do it. Any ideas? Thanks.

I want to read what is in the ID "edit box" and see if it is my id and then go to the next field and put in the password. I continue to search and have found the ControlCommand but don't know how that might do it. Any ideas? Thanks.

To read what is in an edit box use

$inputcontents = GuiCtrlRead($inputbox)

To set the text in an inpout box use

GuiCtrlSetData($inputbox,"this is the text in the input")

To set the focus to an input box use

GuiCtrlSetState($inputbox,$GUI_FOCUS)

All these things are in the help file.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

To read what is in an edit box use

$inputcontents = GuiCtrlRead($inputbox)

To set the text in an inpout box use

GuiCtrlSetData($inputbox,"this is the text in the input")

To set the focus to an input box use

GuiCtrlSetState($inputbox,$GUI_FOCUS)

All these things are in the help file.

Thanks much - I will look at the help files on those - appreciate it.