Senton-Book- Web Based Gustbook

NELyon

Version: 2.1B

I'm here to add to the Web-Based autoit flame. I think it really does have a future which is why i keep on developing in it. I think there are a few other people that believe it has a future (Sandman, TheGuy, Spyro, the DttVb, ect)

So i developed a Guestbook program that is incredibly simple to skin with basically any kind of web layout: Here's a tutorial on skinning it:

~~~Skinning your Senton-Book~~~

It is very easy to add different styles to your new Senton-Book

1. Open your index.html file to your layout
2. Rename it to index.tpl and put it in the script directory
3. Open the index.tpl file in your favorite editor
4. Replace the title (whatever it is) with "%title%" 
5. Add to the main content area, instead of content, add a %dyn%
6. Wherever the navigation is, replace it with <a href="?type=read>anything</a> and <a href='?type=post">anything</a>
(This will make a link to the guestbook and to the place where you can post to the guestbook)

and then, it will be skinned to whatever style you want

Click my Sky Sphere to Download

Features:

Page-break control- messages under 200 characters are "redefined"

IP Log: Logs the ip of the poster & the user agent

Two themes (and more are easily added).

Edited by Senton-Bomb

A Gustbook? Pretty windy:P

Ok, the sample link is down for now. I just realized how easy it will be for somebody who knows how (Spyro, TheGuy, ect) to hack it and do javascript stuffs with it.

for somebody who knows how (Spyro, TheGuy, ect) to hack it and do javascript stuffs with it.

.. not me????

I have the power, I just choose to use it for good :D Or am I part of 'etc'?

Anyway, great job. Web-based definitely does have a future (according to all these new ones coming out, and a very awesome secret one that I'm designing now :D)

edit: ugh.. my abyss web server hates me.. can someone please host this temporarily? I promise I won't kill it :)

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

What, the secret one?

If so, no.. it's something better... uses MySQL/SQLite. That's your hint for today.

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Login system :)

Nope.. way too simple...

although it does include that..

UPDATE May 5th 2007

Some security update. Replaces all opening brackets with 2 dots, so a Script tag would change into ..script language=Javascript>

New version: 0.15a

UPDATE May 5th 2007

Some security update. Replaces all opening brackets with 2 dots, so a Script tag would change into ..script language=Javascript>

New version: 0.15a

Very good idea :)

But now no bold or anything simple allowed, though..

You should do one of these instead:

StringReplace($string, "<script", ".script")oÝ÷ Ù8Z·²¢yr±Êâ¦ÛZÌ"VÞv+nW:»azÞ¶ »-4ÓL+¢×¢°e¢-¶¬¢yrjYhÂÆ¢¹©Ým«­¢+ØÀÌØí¹ÑÉäôMÑÉ¥¹IáÁIÁ± ÀÌØí¹Ý¹ÑÉä°Ìäì ±Ðì¼ýmx±ÐìÐíÕ¥ÍtÐì¥ð ±Ðì¼ýmx¼±ÐìÐíumx±ÐìÐít¬Ðì¤Ìäì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤

Very good idea :)

But now no bold or anything simple allowed, though..

You should do one of these instead:

StringReplace($string, "&lt;script", ".script")oÝ÷ Ù8Z·²¢yr±Êâ¦ÛZÌ"VÞv+nW:»azÞ¶ »-4ÓL+¢×¢°e¢-¶¬¢yrjYhÂÆ¢¹©Ým«­¢+ØÀÌØí¹ÑÉäôMÑÉ¥¹IáÁIÁ± ÀÌØí¹Ý¹ÑÉä°Ìäì ±Ðì¼ýmx±ÐìÐíÕ¥ÍtÐì¥ð ±Ðì¼ýmx¼±ÐìÐíumx±ÐìÐít¬Ðì¤Ìäì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×+%¢,mëmz¶®¶­sbb33c·5FWBÒ7G&æu&WÆ6Rb33c·5FWBÂgV÷C²fÇC²gV÷C²ÂgV÷C²f׶ÇC²gV÷C²¶æòW6W"Fw0¢b33c·5FWBÒ7G&æu&WÆ6Rb33c·5FWBÂgV÷C²fwC²gV÷C²ÂgV÷C²f׶wC²gV÷C²

This looks better:

$sText = StringReplace($sText, "<", "&lt;") ;no user tags
    $sText = StringReplace($sText, ">", "&gt;")
What's up with your quoting my quote? It has all these thingies after it..

But still, as I said in my previous post, people might want to use bold, italics, and strikethrough, and underline...