passwording the sys tray

uznut

You can make a script that await the windows of 'Settings' and Disable the controls of OK and Apply.

And with a Hotkey you summon a input dialog that ask a password to stop this.

How much protection you need? Who can try to change this settings? Expert users or newbies?

well its norton and coroporate antivirus and there is not a option to password the settings down in the systray and i need to make it to were users can not disable it or change any of the settings you get what im saying. it has to run the prog can not be changed

You could also lock out all the tray icons with this:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4);advanced
ControlDisable("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Notification Area", "ToolbarWindow321")

Create a hotkey calls an InputBox and perform ControlEnable if password is valid.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

well its norton and coroporate antivirus and there is not a option to password the settings down in the systray and i need to make it to were users can not disable it or change any of the settings you get what im saying. it has to run the prog can not be changed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since you're using Symantec Antivirus, I'm assuming that you have administrator rights on the system. There is another package called Symantec System Center that allows system administrators the ablity to create, deploy, and lock down security features so that your users are not able to change the configuration settings.

Hope this helps!

Edit:

( Symantec AntiVirus Features)

Edited by Bartokv