Threading?

Hey. I am writing a nifty little GUI application which runs on a timer. I want the GUI to be fully responsive all the time, but I need the program to run a certain task which takes a few seconds without the GUI dying on me, is there a way to do this? Usually, in C, I would create a separate thread for that process, but with AutoIt I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey. I am writing a nifty little GUI application which runs on a timer. I want the GUI to be fully responsive all the time, but I need the program to run a certain task which takes a few seconds without the GUI dying on me, is there a way to do this? Usually, in C, I would create a separate thread for that process, but with AutoIt I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi,

try it with adlibenable

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Th.Meger, thanks. That is what I was looking for. But it seems that it will pause the rest of the script while that runs. That isn't good for me :) I really need for the GUI to remain responsive. But I will try it and post my results to this thread after I figure out whether the GUI remains responsive or not.

Thanks for such quick help at 1:30AM!

I'm not sure if autoit supports threading but you can always go around it, just have your 3 second code called in your main while loop (take out sleep() commands tho)

I've made a server / client control system that I'd like to put to example scripts.. but I cant post there :)

I code bots :: Need a bot? :: xythec@gmail.com