Simulation of native MsgBox

Hello again,

I actually need to use MsgBox and get an answer from the user based on what they see on the screen. Unfortunately MsgBox covers some of the data crucial for the decision making process. Guessing that you cannot position MsgBox, have come up with the idea to simulate it with GUI.

1. The first problem I happened on is the size of my GUI that is different than what I want (according to AutoIt Info it is actually wider and higher?!). Of course I can fix it by putting smaller values for the GUICreate finction but it sucks...

2. Second, I would like the GUI to look identical to MsgBox, i.e. no minimize or maximize window option and a disabled cross mark for closing up the window (just like in the native MsgBox).

3. The size of buttons - any standards of heights used by MsgBox?

4. Button positioning - any possibility to automatically center both "Yes" and "No" buttons?

5. Maybe there is still a possibility of positioning a native MsgBox somehow? :) I have temporarily solved the problem by running another script that waits for the MsgBox and then moves it to optimal position on the screen but you can see it being moved and it looks bad :D

Below I am enclosing a piece of the code illustrating my problem. If someone would care to help...

Thanks in advance.

; #################### cut

$msg = MsgBox(36, "Rozliczenia fiskalne", "Czy rozliczenie fiskalne jest OK?", 180) ; my original MsgBox that I want to mimick by GUI

GUICreate("Rozliczenia fiskalne", 227, 126, -1, 385) ;

GUICtrlCreateIcon ("explorer.exe", -8, 10, 10) ; question mark icon

Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Czy rozliczenie fiskalne jest OK?", 50, 10)

Opt("GUICoordMode", 1)

$yesButton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Tak", 29, 60, 75, 22)

GUICtrlSetState($yesButton, $GUI_FOCUS)

Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)

$noButton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Nie", 20, -1)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $yesButton

GUISetState (@SW_HIDE)

Run('notepad.exe') ; Will Run/Open Notepad

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $noButton

GUISetState (@SW_HIDE)

MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 2 was pressed')

ExitLoop

EndSelect

Wend

; #################### cut

Warmly,Narciso

5. Maybe there is still a possibility of positioning a native MsgBox somehow? :) I have temporarily solved the problem by running another script that waits for the MsgBox and then moves it to optimal position on the screen but you can see it being moved and it looks bad :D

SmOke_N and GAFrost did a post in Examples forum for using the Msgbox with another script that works well. Perhaps look at it and judge for yourself if it may serve your need.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=32275&st=0

:D

SmOke_N and GAFrost did a post in Examples forum for using the Msgbox with another script that works well. Perhaps look at it and judge for yourself if it may serve your need.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=32275&st=0

:D

Hm... actually I cannot understand a line of it. Very weird for me. The mouse cursor looks like being kept heavily busy by the script?! Still no answer to my positioning problems and all.

Thank you anyway for giving it a try :D

Still waiting for some more straight forward solution :)

Warmly,Narciso

Here is a simple UDF to move a MsgBox.

It is not complicated at all.