PixelChecksum returning bum values

On my computer, for 13,000 different pictures I get 13,000 different values for pixelchecksums. My friend, however, gets only a few different checksums for the same pictures.

What could be causing this?

This is my code:

[DllImport("AutoItX3.dll", EntryPoint = "AU3_PixelChecksum")]
        public static extern int PixelChecksumInterop(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, int step);

public uint PixelChecksum(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, int step)
        {
            return (uint)PixelChecksumInterop(x1, y1, x2, y2, step);
        }

and I also use the interop C# generates manually.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

isn't it obvious?

but really, I don't have enough info to guess.

Is he running 2bit color depth?

Lar.

Wow, that was way too quick. 2bit color depth? I'll google that, but if you meant 32, yeah.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth --yeah, we're both 32 bit.

EDIT #2: Also, he keeps getting the max int value, which is 2147483648.

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Larry,

What kind of questions do you have in order to ascertain the problem? After a multitude on comparing settings, having screenshots taken from both of our system, pixels images match 100% in the pixelchecksum area. After all these comparisons, we are still stumped into the cause of pixelchecksum returning 2147483648.

The only thing that we can surmise is that it we are getting the bug due to hardware differences. I am running a P4 Intel, where insolence is running AMD. Do you know of any hardware related issue that could be causing pixelchecksum to output correct checksum for one pc but 2147483648 for another pc?

As well, the pixelchecksum area that we are covering is about 200x300 square pixels -- not sure if that may cause it.

Hope you can help us with this, you've been known as a Legend on this forum...and were are not sure who else to go to with this issue.

- Gorilla_Bob

• Administrators

Can you do the same test with AutoIt main to see if you get the same result (so we can see if it's related to the function itself or just the AutoItX interface.). Also, make sure you use the latest beta as much code from AutoIt was added, including the updated version of pixelchecksum.

We'll try the Beta and I'll see what values AutoIt gives us. Thanks for the reply, Jon.

• 8 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. The application on my old machine with AMD cpu worked perfectly, but on P4 Intel checksum generates -2147483648. The OS (Win XP) and everything else is the same... I am using version 3.2.10.0.

I tested pixelchecksum with AutoIt main, and it works fine. So I think the problem is in autoitx. Any help appreciated.