smilies expand in the autoit code box.

I put a colon paranthesis in a quoted string in an autoit code box and it is expanding as the smiley.

MsgBox(0,"greetings","Have a great day :)")

It is a forum bug (I think). IPB is set to separate text even in boxes and find any smilies. If :) is founded then it is replaced with smiley. But, if you copy it to SciTE, there will be no smilies.

i542

I can do signature me.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this helps any, but I did some testing here and came up with this conclusion:

all smileys are blocked successfully outside of quotes except :) and possibly others.

all smileys are shown when they are in quotes and not directly following a non-whitespace character.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Just disable smilies, like I said if you are posting code.

obviously.

But still, I think that can hardly be considered a fix.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I don't see why not. That would explain why the option is available. I know its default but it still works.

Because even if you can work around it, that doesn't FIX anything. It just adds a little workaround. The problem is still there, and I'm sure there will be countless newbs who don't know about the problem and will be utterly confused.

And besides, what if you wanted to use smileys in a post with autoit code?