SciteAu3 SchemeEditor

flyingboz

• Developers

JdeB, there is that issue with @UserProfileDir that causes SchemeEditor to fail....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I downloaded the au3 file and used replace in in Scite to change @UserProfileDir to @HomeDrive & @HomePath. But it is asking for files while compiling. I have the 2 files that extracted from the original but am unsure exactly about any others files that it is asking for?

JdeB, I have found a temporary solution here until the @UserProfileDir bug is fixed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tnx both... i will try to update the script this weekend and upload it....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

tnx both... i will try to update the script this weekend and upload it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@CyberSlug/MHz, would the issue be solved best by using the environment variable EnvGet("userprofile") or should i use @HOMEDRIVE&@HOMEPATH ?

I also noticed that on Win98, the SciteUser.Properties is saved in the Scite program directory... so the program also didn't work for win9x. (didn't have win9x available when i coded this script.)

Also several other issue fixed for win9x...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

would the issue be solved best by using the environment variable EnvGet("userprofile") or should i use @HOMEDRIVE&@HOMEPATH ?

I get the same result here whichever method that you use for userprofile. I think M$ may use %homedrive%%homepath% to get the %userprofile% variable. Either method should give the same result?

98 profile variables, well primative. Do not know how you can work with them?

Set command brings this up.

tmp=c:\windows\temp
temp=c:\windows\temp
prompt=$p$g
winbootdir=c:\windows
path=c:\windows\;c:\windows;c:\windows\command
comspec=c:\windows\command.com
windir=c:\windows
Very little to work with, in Windows 98?

• Developers

I get the same result here whichever method that you use for userprofile. I think M$ may use %homedrive%%homepath% to get the %userprofile% variable. Either method should give the same result?

98 profile variables, well primative. Do not know how you can work with them?

Set command brings this up.

tmp=c:\windows\temp
temp=c:\windows\temp
prompt=$p$g
winbootdir=c:\windows
path=c:\windows\;c:\windows;c:\windows\command
comspec=c:\windows\command.com
windir=c:\windows
Very little to work with, in Windows 98?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking doing it this way:

Global $UserDir = @UserProfileDir   
   If Not FileExists($UserDir & "\SciteUser.properties") Then $UserDir = EnvGet("userprofile")
   If Not FileExists($UserDir & "\SciteUser.properties") Then $UserDir = @HomeDrive & @HomePath
   If $UserDir = "" Then $UserDir = $SCITE_Dir     ; needed for Win9x
   $au3Prop = $UserDir & "\SciteUser.properties"
   $H_au3Prop = FileOpen($au3Prop, 0)
   If $H_au3Prop = -1 Then 
      MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Stopping because cannot find SciteUser.properties:' & $au3Prop)
      Exit
   EndIf
This works for Win9x and standard winxp..

Would that work for you as well ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The top half looks good, as for the bottom half, unsure if i know exactly the meaning of the code.

Looks to me if @userprofile fails, will look for %userprofile% ( which should work for my case), then should cater for 98.

Thanks JdeB

• Developers

The top half looks good, as for the bottom half, unsure if i know exactly the meaning of the code.

Looks to me if @userprofile fails, will look for %userprofile% ( which should work for my case), then should cater for 98.

Thanks JdeB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tnx.. will implement it like specified and see if that solves it for everybody.

This line:

If $UserDir = "" Then $UserDir = $SCITE_Dir ; needed for Win9x

Will handle WIN98... since all line above it will return "". It will set the target dir to the Scite Program directory where SciteUser.properties is located on Win9x machines.

The rest of the code just tries to open SciTeUser.properties and will display a msgbox and exit, when the file isn't found .

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was thinking doing it this way:

Global $UserDir = @UserProfileDir   
   If Not FileExists($UserDir & "\SciteUser.properties") Then $UserDir = EnvGet("userprofile")
   If Not FileExists($UserDir & "\SciteUser.properties") Then $UserDir = @HomeDrive & @HomePath
   If $UserDir = "" Then $UserDir = $SCITE_Dir    ; needed for Win9x
   $au3Prop = $UserDir & "\SciteUser.properties"
   $H_au3Prop = FileOpen($au3Prop, 0)
   If $H_au3Prop = -1 Then 
      MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Stopping because cannot find SciteUser.properties:' & $au3Prop)
      Exit
   EndIf
This works for Win9x and standard winxp..

Would that work for you as well ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why not just ask the user to browse for it with a file select dialog?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

why not just ask the user to browse for it with a file select dialog?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just uploaded an updated Scite4AutoIt3Upd.exe which contains the updated SciteConfig.exe program and can be started now with Ctrl+1 within Scite.

I think it should be able to find the file like Scite does. So if there are still issues with this version of SciteConfig.exe, i will do some digging in the Scite sourcecode to see how they figure out the location.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded ver 0.3 of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/sciteconfig.exe.

This version fixes the problem when sciteuser.properties doesn't exist yet.

SciTe only creates the Sciteuser.properties file when you select the Options/Open user options file. The script will now open the menu option for you when the file doesn't exist and save the empty file.

It needs this file to store your selection of fonts and colors.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.