Selecting an option from a dropdown menu

Greetings to all, I am new to this whole scripting thing, so i will describe what i am trying to do. I am trying to script an install that at one point during the setup has a drop down menu, when setup gets to this point, i need to select an option from that menu before clicking next to go to the next screen. what do i need to do in my script in order to make it happen? I really know nothing about this (what syntax to use, or if i just call it by the name in the drop down list, or if they are numbered) any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated! thank you all!

I started to just refer you to the help file example for GuiCtrlCreateCombo(), but that is one pathetic demo script (they're usually quite good). Try this one:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

; Create a GUI centered on the desktop
GUICreate("Combo Demo", 200, 100)
$Combo_1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("item1", 10, 10, 180, 20) ; create first item
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "item2|item3", "item3") ; add more items, set a new default
$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("SELECT", 70, 50, 60, 30)

; Make the GUI visible
GUISetState()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $Button_1
            MsgBox(64, "Read Combo", "You selected: " & GUICtrlRead($Combo_1))
    EndSwitch
WEnd

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Im not creating the setup, it is an actual setup (ultravnc) that i am scripting for ease of installing. i just need to know the syntax for selecting options from a drop down menu. thanks again in advance.

Im not creating the setup, it is an actual setup (ultravnc) that i am scripting for ease of installing. i just need to know the syntax for selecting options from a drop down menu. thanks again in advance.

Sorry, misunderstood to goal here. :">

Check out ControlCommand(), or the UDF GuiCombo.au3 which has stuff like _GUICtrlComboSetCurSel() in it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law