Screen Standby

Is it possible to put a screen to sleep?

If I were running an autoit script as a service, I would want the service to wait for a command from my 'server' script to bring the computer to life or to send it to sleep...

How would I do that? Again, one of those things I know is possible, but have no idea how. "LogMeIn" installs a set of custom drivers to do it, I'll check that out in a bit.

Cheers for any help!

Screen not computer...

Cheers anyway

you could adjust the power saving options for the monitor, then when it becomes active it will just turn back on.

off topic: hibernate shutsdown computer for me on xp sp2

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

wow i had that code in my code archive the whole time for toggling monitor power... heh

forgot about that.

so does anyone know why code 64 shuts down my computer instead of putting it into hibernate?

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Cirtainly close, I guess I'm not going to get this to work the way I want it too.

Okay, any way of disabling someones keyboard/mouse? And if possible, power button!! (There is nothing better than seeing someone on a bad website, locking their controls and walking up behind them. Classic!)

[double post, my bad]

I just looked on the programs site that does it, and I discovered they use something called Display Power Management Services. Anyone any idea how one can use this with Autoit?

But either way, I could really do with knowing about disabling user inputs.

[double post, my bad]

I just looked on the programs site that does it, and I discovered they use something called Display Power Management Services. Anyone any idea how one can use this with Autoit?

But either way, I could really do with knowing about disabling user inputs.

Check out BlockInput in the helpfile.