Words UDF function library

kjactive

Well I've always missed some functions from the rexx language that all rmore or less relate to manipulate on words rather than characters - Words.au3...

User Defined Function Description

_CountInStr Returns a count of how many string matches are in a string.

_CountWords Returns a count of how many words are in a string.

_DelString Return String with the contents from integer to integer removed from the string.

_DelWords Excerpts one or more words ( No blank space between is removed ) from string, and returns that excerpt.

_DubString Creates a new string that is another string concatenated (ie, appended) a specified number of times.

_GetWord Excerpts one word from a string, and returns that word without any leading or trawling spaces.

_InString Creates a new string that is another string with insert string from argument location.

_JustifyStr Returns a string justified option with pad characters between each word. Any blank space originally between each word is replaced by the pad characters.

_ProperCase Returns a word or the string justified with words in proper case.

_Say Returns the string as ConsoleWrite with a @CR attached. - take 10 arguments sepparated with commas - result is sepparated with a '|' character

_TrimSpace Removes leading and/or trailing space ( convert tab into space character ) and all multible space characters from a string.

_SubWords Excerpts one or more words (and all blank space between them) from a string, and returns that excerpt.

_MatchInStr Return how many occurations of a string of characters is located in another.

_WordIndex Returns the character position of a particular word within a string.

These UDF functions all come as close as posible to functions in the Reginald rexx language ( maintained by Jeff Glatt ), all comes with topics and a index script too...

Free to download and use:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...ports/Words.zip

kjactive :)

Edited by kjactive

I think he means 'instead'. Is _DubString not the same as _StringRepeat?

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I think he means 'instead'. Is _DubString not the same as _StringRepeat?

Yes I know my english is bad but then you should see my German - afterall I'm from Denmark...

There's some semilare function with string.au3 like _DubString (_StringRepeat) _InString (_StringInsert) but I wanted another errorhandle and functions is very uptimized too, as most of the functions in words.au3 is lent from another language and work mostly on words...

Actually I added one function more - _WordLength ( Returns a count of how many characters are in a particular word within a string. )

Download from site:

Edited by kjactive

I have another little handy script "_IsBlank", attach it to your collection if you think it is nice to have, returns 1 if the input string is empty or just blank characters otherwise 0.

Func _IsBlank($sValue = "")
    LOCAL $iLen
    $iLen = StringLen($sValue)
    If $iLen = 0 Then Return 1
    For $iPos = 1 to $iLen
        If StringMid($sValue,$iPos,1) <> " " Then Return 0
    Next
    Return 1
EndFunc

I have another little handy script "_IsBlank", attach it to your collection if you think it is nice to have, returns 1 if the input string is empty or just blank characters otherwise 0.

Func _IsBlank($sValue = "")
    LOCAL $iLen
    $iLen = StringLen($sValue)
    If $iLen = 0 Then Return 1
    For $iPos = 1 to $iLen
        If StringMid($sValue,$iPos,1) <> " " Then Return 0
    Next
    Return 1
EndFunc
Could be handy - but don't your script miss horizont tab characters 0x09 - I would prefer a function name like _EmptyStr

It does, it can easily be added in the line where I test for content.

Well Words.au3 already has a function that can do that test on a string ( no matter spaces and tab characters included ) _Getword('') try to get first word in a empty string would return an empty string - actually would _CountWords & _WordLength result in 0 and sets @error = 1 too...

$string = "   "
If _Getword($string,1) = "" then
   _Say('String is Empty',@error)
Else
   _Say('String Contain characters',@error)
Endif

Edited by kjactive

I add two functions to the Words.au3 UDF

_WordLength ( $sString, $iInt ) ; Returns a count of how many characters are in a particular word within a string.

_JustifyStr ( $sString, $iLength, $sPadchar ) ; Returns a string justified, option with pad characters between each word. Any blank space originally between each word is replaced by the pad characters - default space 0x20.

Download from site:

all 14 functions come with topics and a index script...

Edited by kjactive

Hallo Wooltown

ProperCase - First letter Big, the rest small

Okay I've attached your wanted function _ProperCase, a topis and index script included

I only added one function but I think that this holds all the functions that you want - return a word with Proper case, or return a string with a particulare word changed to proper case or what ever you want that for - exchange all words in a string to proper cases

Could you check it out for me, please use link below

Edited by kjactive

#include "words.au3"

Msgbox(0,"",_ProperCase("tEsT nR 1Tt av fEm",1,1))
Msgbox(0,"",_ProperCase("tEsT nR T2å av fEm",2,0) )
Msgbox(0,"",_ProperCase("tEsT nR 3Re av fEm",4,1) )
Msgbox(0,"",_ProperCase("tEsT nR F4rA av fEm",1,2) )
Msgbox(0,"",_ProperCase("tEsT nR fem av fEm",3,2) )

Thanks, looks nice but how do I change so just the first word in a sentence have the first letter capitalized ant the rest small ?

I now I can use Stringlower first and then use the example in the first msgbox, but it would be nice to have it in the function.