Space regain

mrbond007

Yes i can do that but not quite yet. I´m still working on it (will add more options), so when it´s completely finished, i´ll publish it outside this forum to encourage people to use AutoIt and to donate to the AutoIt Team :)

or you could make a small charge of 50p/$0.75 for it and the dontat that to autoit...

P.S. i will amke you the custom trayicon if u want...

Also i use this program alot.. so i would also help/make the helpfile fopr you...

Get back to me!!!

EDIT:

Also i will make an installer... but i cannot do this untill you have a web site...

maybe this could be your site name:

http://www.SpaceRegain.tk/

And maybe: the place that you can download...

http://www.SpaceRegain.tk/Download/Spaceregain.exe

Edited by SalazarCheats

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or you could make a small charge of 50p/$0.75 for it and the dontat that to autoit...

P.S. i will amke you the custom trayicon if u want...

Also i use this program alot.. so i would also help/make the helpfile fopr you...

Get back to me!!!

EDIT:

Also i will make an installer... but i cannot do this untill you have a web site...

maybe this could be your site name:

http://www.SpaceRegain.tk/

And maybe: the place that you can download...

http://www.SpaceRegain.tk/Download/Spaceregain.exe

When i'm done with this script i will discuss it later with you.

Edited by mrbond007

When i'm done with this script i will discuss it later with you.

ok... i don't really look at this post often so when ur finshed... PM me...

It will take me about 2 hours to do both... and to make it look perfect...

Edited by SalazarCheats

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

Forgot to say that this version has been improved a lot, especially the empty space eraser and the uninstall manager (shows icons)

urm yea we could av a look if u had the correct link

This is the list of improvements :

Added Downloaded Installations to the "Clean Traces" Tab

Added 14 New Applications to the "Applications" Tab & the cleaning method has improved

Added 6 new kinds of Junk Files

Custom files deleter improved

Startup Manager Fixed

Uninstall Manager shows icons now

Improved the "Empty File Extensions" section inside the Registry Cleaner

Added "Invalid Codecs" section to the Registry Cleaner

Empty Space Eraser improved (now you can choose more than one drive. thnx MadBoy)+Fixed the FAT32 File Size Limitation

Minor changes to the "About" Tab

Cancel Buttons Improved

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that my .theme and .msstyles files in C:\Windows\Resources\ are being detected as 'Junk Files' when either *.*~ or *.??~ are checked.

However, if I search for *.*~ from the C:\ they do not show up.

Poked around in the source and couldn't find an obvious reason. (I'm very new at AutoIt)

Windows XP SP2, All updates as of today.

Compiled it with AutoIt v3.2.2.0 AND v3.2.4.9

It seems that my .theme and .msstyles files in C:\Windows\Resources\ are being detected as 'Junk Files' when either *.*~ or *.??~ are checked.

However, if I search for *.*~ from the C:\ they do not show up.

Poked around in the source and couldn't find an obvious reason. (I'm very new at AutoIt)

Windows XP SP2, All updates as of today.

Compiled it with AutoIt v3.2.2.0 AND v3.2.4.9

The *.*~ and *.??~ file types are used for older windows versions like 95, if you use them with XP then .theme files and others will appear. You must be extremlly carefull with which files you want to delete. Try experimenting with each junk type and don't worry cause this isn't a bug, it's simply added support for older windows versions. Edited by mrbond007

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably the best app I have ever found. Truly an awesome thing.

I experienced a rather strange behavior (dare i say bug) using your 1.2 version of Space Regain. I usually wipe out every trace you have selected by default in clean traces. I have used this extensively on my home computers and various clients. It works great. One day at work I decided I would clean up my PC. We are on a domain and our home drives are mapped to R:. I hit clean and didn't think anything of it. I happened to sit down at my desk after it had been running for 10 minutes and noticed that it was deleting everything under my R: drive. I stopped it to late. It deleted over 300MB of my personal files and source code for work projects. Thankfully we do incremental tape backups of our server every night so I only lost a mornings work.

I didn't have time to look into the issue, and I haven't dared test if it was repeatable, nor have I tried it with your latest 1.3 version. The only lead I can give you is that it detected my home drive as a source of files to clean. Our My Documents are also mapped to our R: drive, to R:\My Documents. I don't know if this will give you any lead. Hopefully someone else has experienced it.

One day when I have nothing to do (unlikely) I will setup a test user on our domain and put some junk in the home drive and see if it gets deleted. Hopefully I can narrow down the issue. In the meantime I just wanted to let you know about the possible bug.

Keep up the great work!! Very impressed.

This is probably the best app I have ever found. Truly an awesome thing.

I experienced a rather strange behavior (dare i say bug) using your 1.2 version of Space Regain. I usually wipe out every trace you have selected by default in clean traces. I have used this extensively on my home computers and various clients. It works great. One day at work I decided I would clean up my PC. We are on a domain and our home drives are mapped to R:. I hit clean and didn't think anything of it. I happened to sit down at my desk after it had been running for 10 minutes and noticed that it was deleting everything under my R: drive. I stopped it to late. It deleted over 300MB of my personal files and source code for work projects. Thankfully we do incremental tape backups of our server every night so I only lost a mornings work.

I didn't have time to look into the issue, and I haven't dared test if it was repeatable, nor have I tried it with your latest 1.3 version. The only lead I can give you is that it detected my home drive as a source of files to clean. Our My Documents are also mapped to our R: drive, to R:\My Documents. I don't know if this will give you any lead. Hopefully someone else has experienced it.

One day when I have nothing to do (unlikely) I will setup a test user on our domain and put some junk in the home drive and see if it gets deleted. Hopefully I can narrow down the issue. In the meantime I just wanted to let you know about the possible bug.

Keep up the great work!! Very impressed.

both versions 1.2 & 1.3 have some minor bugs, but i'm currently developping a whole new version and it should be ready soon, as for the problem you mentioned Space Regain wasn't designed to run on a different drive in your case R: cause all the pc's that were used for testing had C: drive as the HomeDrive, anyway the problem shouldn't occur with 1.3 but i will try my best to fix that in the new version as well. Can you tell me excatly which section(s) you where trying to clean, was it the "traces cleaner" or the "junk files cleaner"?

Don't worry too much cause this script isn't 100% complete yet, normally it takes years to develop a good working software.

Thank you for your feedback and stay tuned for more surprises :)

Edited by mrbond007

both versions 1.2 & 1.3 have some minor bugs, but i'm currently developping a whole new version and it should be ready soon, as for the problem you mentioned Space Regain wasn't designed to run on a different drive in your case R: cause all the pc's that were used for testing had C: drive as the HomeDrive, anyway the problem shouldn't occur with 1.3 but i will try my best to fix that in the new version as well. Can you tell me excatly which section(s) you where trying to clean, was it the "traces cleaner" or the "junk files cleaner"?

Don't worry too much cause this script isn't 100% complete yet, normally it takes years to develop a good working software.

Thank you for your feedback and stay tuned for more surprises :P

its a great project , but there are still some bugs like

• sometimes the select all-unselect all doesnt work
  • even if i unchecked the Firefox cookies stuff it deletes them..
but you 've done a fantastic job, cant wait for the next version :) Edited by Gif

its a great project , but there are still some bugs like

• sometimes the select all-unselect all doesnt work
  • even if i unchecked the Firefox cookies stuff it deletes them..
but you 've done a fantastic job, cant wait for the next version :)
which select/unselect all buttons ? those in "Junk files cleaner" are made for the results list located below. As for the firefox cookies will be fixed. Thanks for your help :P

PS : you changed your name did you heh :)

Edited by mrbond007