Show MAC Address

Hi, Ive just started scripting and trying to make a simple script (well i think it might be simple?)

I need to make a simple script that can display some wireless support answers

Can anyone help me make a start and help out (please)

I need a script that can display what SSID they have connected to, there IP address and the MAC address of there local wireless card

Sort of

SSID = xxxxxx

IP Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Wireless MAC Address = xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

This will help our support team (most support enquires need us to know the clients MAC address so the support crew can find the AP they have connected to and talking a user through this is sometimes quiet painfull, so if we could direct them to a site and they download a small simple script that displays all the information we need)

I would eventually like to add more info to the popup windows, like OS version, Service Pack, Version of IE etc.. but if someone could kindly help out with the first few to get me started that would be great.

Hoping someone would help

Cheers

Warpy

Try the old good 'ipconfig /all' command in a dosbox and use AutoIT's ConsoleRead function to read its output.

There may be a better way to do this (maybe via WMI?) but this is what I would do in your case.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Ive just started scripting and trying to make a simple script (well i think it might be simple?)

I need to make a simple script that can display some wireless support answers

Can anyone help me make a start and help out (please)

I need a script that can display what SSID they have connected to, there IP address and the MAC address of there local wireless card

Sort of

SSID = xxxxxx

IP Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Wireless MAC Address = xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

This will help our support team (most support enquires need us to know the clients MAC address so the support crew can find the AP they have connected to and talking a user through this is sometimes quiet painfull, so if we could direct them to a site and they download a small simple script that displays all the information we need)

I would eventually like to add more info to the popup windows, like OS version, Service Pack, Version of IE etc.. but if someone could kindly help out with the first few to get me started that would be great.

Hoping someone would help

Cheers

Warpy

Look up NBTSTAT at google.