Simple Array -> ListView Problem

Okay, so I know that this is a simple fix, I just cant for the life of me figure it out. Someone point me in the right direction...

Func _ListFiles($sPath)
        Local $aFileList, $i = 1
        $aFileList = _FileListToArray($sPath, "*", 1)
        If @error = 1 Then
            MsgBox(48, $sTitle, "No files were found in the directory specified." & @CRLF & @CRLF & $sPath)
            Exit
        Endif

For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
            $lvFilesItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($i & "|" & $sPath & "|" & StringStripCR($aFileList[$i]), $lvFiles)

;        If $lvEven Then
;            $lvEven = 0
;        Else
;            $lvEven = 1
;            GUICtrlSetBkColor($lvItem, $GUIBkColor)
;        EndIf
        Next
   ; _ArrayDisplay($aFileList, "$FileList")
    EndFunc; ==> _ListFiles

The above function is supposed to populate a list view with the information returned by _FileListToArray. It does that, but it wont stop. It continually cycles through, re-adding the same array to the list view. What did I do wrong? I cant see the error in the logic, and everything I've tried left me with the same situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

don' t see anything wrong with this code ...

And therein lies my problem. I dont either. :)

All I know is instead of stopping at $aFileList[0], it continues on until the list view is maxed out and cant accept more lines.

Edited by RagnaroktA
Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Developers

All I know is instead of stopping at $aFileList[0], it continues on until the list view is maxed out and cant accept more lines.

Do you have a script that shows this issue which I can test with ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Your problem is your error checking. _FileListToArray() can return other @error besides 1, which is the only one you test for. Try this:

Func _ListFiles($sPath)
    Local $aFileList, $i = 1
    $aFileList = _FileListToArray($sPath, "*", 1)
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(48, $sTitle, "Error listing files:" & @CRLF & _
                "Directory: " & $sPath & @CRLF & _
                "@error = " & @error)
        Exit
    EndIf
    For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
        $lvFilesItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($i & "|" & $sPath & "|" & StringStripCR($aFileList[$i]), $lvFiles)
        ;         If $lvEven Then
        ;             $lvEven = 0
        ;         Else
        ;             $lvEven = 1
        ;             GUICtrlSetBkColor($lvItem, $GUIBkColor)
        ;         EndIf
    Next
    ; _ArrayDisplay($aFileList, "$FileList")
EndFunc   ;==>_ListFiles

I'll bet you're getting an @error, but not 1.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Do you have a script that shows this issue which I can test with ?

I do, but it's just shy of 700 lines, and nowhere near complete. Very very sloppy at the moment.

I get an @error of 1, and it is still just adding the same array over and over again into the listview...

I get an @error of 1, and it is still just adding the same array over and over again into the listview...

An @error of 1 from _FileListToArray() should have exited the script completely without adding anything. Did you try my version of the error handling in post #5?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

An @error of 1 from _FileListToArray() should have exited the script completely without adding anything. Did you try my version of the error handling in post #5?

I did, that also gave me an @error of 1.

It does the exact same thing. It's retarded, or I'm retarded. One of the two.

I did, that also gave me an @error of 1.

It does the exact same thing. It's retarded, or I'm retarded. One of the two.

Well you can't get an @error from _FileListToArray() and then go on to try and use the returned array, because there won't be one (at least no a valid one). The @error values from the help file under _FileListToArray() are:

Return Value

@Error: 1 = Path not found or invalid

2 = Invalid $sFilter

3 = Invalid $iFlag

4 = No File(s) Found

So if you are seeing @error = 1 then your path is invalid at the $sPath input parameter.

In addition, both your original snippet and my modification would exit the script on @error = 1, so how are you getting that and still seeing runaway additions to the array? You should just be seeing the script suddenly exit (after an error MsgBox() pops up).

P.S. Looking at the full script, it doesn't look like the problem is in that function anyway. In the following While/WEnd loop, what exits the loop and keeps it from adding the same files over and over again? (commented lines removed for clarity)

While 1
    Sleep(20)
    If $iGUI = 'GUI3' Then
        If $ibGUI2Directory1 <> "" Then
            $ibGUI2Directory1Data = GUICtrlRead($ibGUI2Directory1)
            _ListFiles($ibGUI2Directory1Data)
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Edited by PsaltyDS

Well you can't get an @error from _FileListToArray() and then go on to try and use the returned array, because there won't be one (at least no a valid one). The @error values from the help file under _FileListToArray() are:

So if you are seeing @error = 1 then your path is invalid at the $sPath input parameter.

In addition, both your original snippet and my modification would exit the script on @error = 1, so how are you getting that and still seeing runaway additions to the array? You should just be seeing the script suddenly exit (after an error MsgBox() pops up).

P.S. Looking at the full script, it doesn't look like the problem is in that function anyway. In the following While/WEnd loop, what exits the loop and keeps it from adding the same files over and over again? (commented lines removed for clarity)

While 1
    Sleep(20)
    If $iGUI = 'GUI3' Then
        If $ibGUI2Directory1 <> "" Then
            $ibGUI2Directory1Data = GUICtrlRead($ibGUI2Directory1)
            _ListFiles($ibGUI2Directory1Data)
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

You're completely right, I meant to move that out of there, it was there just to see if it was hitting the function in the first place. Noob mistake, thanks a bunch for all of your help. :D