Adobe Reader 8 uninstall - Reinstall

I have been running this against some computers

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

Run('\\UNC PATH\Adobe 8 Package\New Folder\Setup.exe')

WinWait("Adobe Reader 8 - Setup","")

If Not WinActive("Adobe Reader 8 - Setup","") Then WinActivate("Adobe Reader 8 - Setup","")

WinWaitActive("Adobe Reader 8 - Setup","")

Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}r{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}r{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}")

WinWait("Setup","")

If Not WinActive("Setup","") Then WinActivate("Setup","")

WinWaitActive("Setup","")

Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")

The problem is that the line WinwaitActive("Setup","") window only comes up on some computers. The window is a notification to reboot the computer. I want to know if there is a way to bypass that line if the window does not show up and then go to the

Run('\\UNC PATH\Adobe 8 Package\New Folder\Setup.exe').

The third parameter is TIMEOUT. Just include a timeout to move on even if WinWait() or WinWaitActive() are not satisfied.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If I put a time into the winwait will it bypass the Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}") and just go to the Run('\\UNC Path\Adobe 8 Package\New Folder\Setup.exe')?

I am not sure on where to put the commands.

This will wait 30 seconds for "Setup" to occur, then go on with Run():

; ...
WinWaitActive("Adobe Reader 8 - Setup", "")
Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}r{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}r{ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}")
If WinWait("Setup", "", 30) Then
    If Not WinActive("Setup", "") Then WinActivate("Setup", "")
    WinWaitActive("Setup", "")
    Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")
EndIf

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I had some similar issue with the a java install...you know what I would do if it was me? Repackage the installer into an MSI, and then just use the fantastic command line switches that are included!!!

The bad thing is that I already used the Adobe Customization Wizard to repack the .msi file. The main reason that I am doing this is because the Adobe Acrobat reader will not open up properly in IE 6 or IE7. The removal and reinstall fixes the issue. I wish that I could do a silent uninstall of the reader then reinstall silently also.

I will try it though.

msiexec /x "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Setup Files\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A80000000002}\AcroRead.msi" /qn+

THX