Run! my lastest program.

ezzetabi

The idea behind Run! is making a program that can allow a user to have a always ready to use command line that allow using the computer in the easiest way possible. Good for everyone that likes command line.

It have all standard Win+r dialog, but also it allows you set custom hotkeys, custom typed commands and it have some window managment functions.

It works only in W2000/Xp, sorry 9x/NT guys...

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Download:

Attached to this message. Zip file with source, of course!

(btw, why .rar files can't be uploaded?)

Install notes:

Download, make a folder, unpack Run!.exe in it, run it. Type !help and Enter.

If you want to see the source type !source and press enter, a copy of Run!.au3 will be put in the script folder.

Any comment is welcome! :(

:ph34r:

Edited by ezzetabi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:ph34r::D:( ioliver said "Nice Job..." I am indeed really happy. :D:lol::D:lol:

Any other comments/advice?

ToDo list:

Customizable path, Run! will seek your tiped text in the usual %path% AND in this field.

Customizable pathext, Run! will seek also in this extension.

You'll can start your favorite music just setting the folder and the extension once and writing the filename... or even only a part of it (plus a *)!

Edited by ezzetabi

@mhz

Yeah, they indeed works.

The point is that you have to make shortcut file with this name:

hotkey-?*.lnk or .pif (often .pif or .lnk is hidden)

the ? is the letter you want, the * anything you may want.

But just to be sure, try !home, inside the Run! folder make a shortcut to anything you want. When windows ask you how to call it write 'hotkey-t-this is a test'

Return to Run! write !reload and when Run! have focus press ALT+t, also it is not documented, but I am pretty sure that if you use a CAPITAL letter in the file name you have actually to press ALT+SHIFT+t

Also there is a option in the ini file that allows you select if starts programs outright after pressing ALT+(key) or just popping the name in the Run! dialogue. If there is this second chance you have to press Enter (or ALT+r) to start the link.

Check the value of AutoExecuteHotKeys in the settings.ini file, if it is 0 then pressing the combination will just input the file name, otherwise it will start outright.

@Coffee

Thanks, the comment about the source is the best thing you could say to me :">

About the Avatar, this is 100% mine... I made it taking pics from my favourite beat and up game. She's the sister of the girl I had before... They are my favourite characters... :ph34r:

Edited by ezzetabi

In this new version I used a combo box instead of a input box and now Run! keep its history.

At the moment there are no limits at the number of history items it keeps, so sometime it could be a good idea cast the command !clearhistory and with it delete it.

Fixed many small but annoying problems. Overall with incomplete filenames.

Now you can add your own Path and Pathext. So you can, for example, set as path c:\music and as pathext .ogg and recall your favourite song c:\music\the good old times.ogg just writing: "the good*"

Windows Run dialogue can't

- Read partial filenames.

- Use non standards verbs.

- Be used in batch files.

- Use non standard pathext without messing up the system.

- Manage windows.

- Show you a list of processes with PIDs.

- Change priority of processes

- Turn off or reboot the computer without using danmy complex lines.

- Increase / Decrease the master volume of Windows

- Clearing its history just writing !clearhistory

- Open or close cd trays.

- Empty the recycle bin.

- Be used as minimalist shell...

...And overall it has not made by me in 100 % AutoIt.

ok ezzetabi i have posted a link on shellcity forums to see if any action comes of this., hope it helps... nice little proggy. ohh ezzetabi thier is no way to exit the program.. if i hit escape it stays in memory and cannot be rexecuted until it is removed from memory

Edited by beerman

Pressing ESC you just hide it. Press the hotkey you set (default ctrl+shift+w) for pop-ing it up.

To leave the only way is give the command !quit... A part of course of pskill :ph34r:

:lol: Ok... This can be considered asking for a new feature... Await for a LeaveOnEsc option in the next version. :lol:

@Larry. You are right of course. But... yes. I am impatient, the main reason is that I am going to quit my job at the end of the week and I'll be online MUCH less after.

And so... Sorry. :(

I am not so young btw.

Edited by ezzetabi

A new update, now the Run! dialog autocomplete with Tab is improved. It works even with more than one path per line!

Also ! commands now accepts parameters.

Other small improvements.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ciao.

Realy nice util. very handy as i use CLI. half the time.

I have two questions:

a. as you first post say, is the source avabiable somewhere.

b. is it possible to use this as a loader in console mode.

bwt. in conjunction with a prossesor, is it possible to show progress.

(within the gui)

Sven0

CIAO, distinti saluti a te.

Answers:

a. As the help file says the command !source copy the source code in the program folder, it is put in the .exe using FileInstall() so it is always the same version that is compiled.

b. Sorry... what do you mean? Do you want to load Run! instead of cmd.exe when loading a computer in console mode? I do not think it is possible. Maybe you can try to set Run! as alternate shell when you make a safe boot from the F8 loading menu.

More info about this here

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/info/bootini.shtml : /SAFEBOOT

bwt. What a prossesor is? What progress do you want to see?

Edited by ezzetabi

CIAO, distinti saluti a te.

Answers:

a. As the help file says the command !source copy the source code in the program folder, it is put in the .exe using FileInstall() so it is always the same version that is compiled.

b. Sorry... what do you mean? Do you want to load Run! instead of cmd.exe when loading a computer in console mode? I do not think it is possible. Maybe you can try to set Run! as alternate shell when you make a safe boot from the F8 loading menu.

More info about this here

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/info/bootini.shtml : /SAFEBOOT

bwt. What a prossesor is? What progress do you want to see?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ciao.

As of q.B: I guess you are familiar with "Exact Audio Copy",

i wan`t to use run! as a loader (console mode) for some cmd scripts i

made a while back.

First command in the script, is to call for a prossesor that adjust the tracks

amplitude level, then it calls for a encoder.

Since your post/answer last night, i tested it out, and it works great.

This thing with progressbar, i simply forgot to tell eac. to show console window.

ok now.

TnX. for a very useful util. :ph34r:

Sven0

Edited by Sven0