Data from GUI to exe

I would like to do it that way but I have no experience with it, any example may help :)

my friend while u're writing ur notes about the setup bilboards just check the Autoit window info to get every Control ID in the each setup bilboard write down each one and it's option so u can manage the conditions u will put in the first screen in ur gui

use the Autoit bible [ the help file ] and search for ControlCommand()

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

my friend while u're writing ur notes about the setup bilboards just check the Autoit window info to get every Control ID in the each setup bilboard write down each one and it's option so u can manage the conditions u will put in the first screen in ur gui

use the Autoit bible [ the help file ] and search for ControlCommand()

That's what I just tried, but it seems that there are no ControlID's or anything else. Just like in my GUI, the installation of the components in Matlab is just a list of checkboxes with no ControlID. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I hover the checkboxes I don't see any ID of whatsoever

Edited by floker

see this ex

Posted Image

Posted Image

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

That's the way I did it to. But no ID's.

OK I'll make an example for you but today I'm going for a great 2 days vacation

so saturday will be the day I put your example

see ya

:)

Great, thank you :)

here's your example

from here

see ya

idk if its been said but use Koda to make the gui menu.. it makes it really easy :)

I know Koda is very good, but I don't have any problem with GUI ( at least not until now )

it's just about how to make the installer do preset commands defined by the user

but thankx for the info

see ya

I know Koda is very good, but I don't have any problem with GUI ( at least not until now )

it's just about how to make the installer do preset commands defined by the user

but thankx for the info

see ya

idk if this will work or if its even a good idea but i think it might work..

what if after the install button is clicked a function is called where if then statements select what to send.

ex:

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Dim $compo01, $compp02, $compo03, $compo03, $compo04, $compo05, $compo06, $compo07, $compo08, $compo09
Dim $compo10, $compo11, $compo12, $compo13, $compo14, $compo15, $compo16, $compo17, $compo18, $compo19
Dim $exitbutton, $installbutton, $mainwindow

$mainwindow = GUICreate("Mathlab Compnents", 285, 490)
; text on top of screen
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Select the components you want to install with Matlab", 20,10)
; checkboxes for components
    $compo01 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("MATLAB 7.4", 20, 40)
    $compp02 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Simulink 6.6", 20, 60)
    $compo03 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Communications Blockset 3.5", 20, 80)
    $compo04 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Communications Toolbox 3.5", 20, 100)
    $compo05 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Control System Toolbox 8.0", 20, 120)
    $compo06 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Extended Symbolic Math Toolbox 3.2", 20, 140)
    $compo07 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Image Processing Toolbox 5.4", 20, 160)
    $compo08 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("MATLAB Compiler 4.6", 20, 180)
    $compo09 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Neural Network Toolbox 5.0.2", 20, 200)
    $compo10 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Optimization Toolbox 3.1.1", 20, 220)
    $compo11 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Robust Control Toolbox 3.2", 20, 240)
    $compo12 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Signal Processing Blockset 6.5", 20, 260)
    $compo13 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Signal Processing Toolbox 6.7", 20, 280)
    $compo14 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Simulink Control Design 2.1", 20, 300)
    $compo15 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Statistics Toolbox 6.0", 20, 320)
    $compo16 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Symbolic Math Toolbox 3.2", 20, 340)
    $compo17 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("System Identification Toolbox 7.0", 20, 360)
    $compo18 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Wavelet Toolbox 4.0", 20, 380)
    $compo19 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Test1", 20, 400)
; button to start the installation
    $installbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start Installation", 20, 440,120,40)
        GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "checkboxs")
; button to exit the installation
$exitbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 210, 440, 60,40)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Terminate")
Guisetstate(@SW_SHOW)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Terminate", $mainwindow)

While 1 
    sleep(100)
WEnd
Func checkboxs()
    If GUICtrlRead($compo01) = 1 Then 
        ;put what you want to send here
    ElseIf GUICtrlRead($compo01) = 1 Then
        ;... ete
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc

i made some changed btw.. :D i didnt like how it was so i had to improve on some of it. (pain in the as to test :D)

i hope this helps :)

idk if this will work or if its even a good idea but i think it might work..

what if after the install button is clicked a function is called where if then statements select what to send.

i made some changed btw.. :D i didnt like how it was so i had to improve on some of it. (pain in the as to test :D)

i hope this helps :)

nice job did u see my topic? tell me what do u think about it cause u look like a pro

Automated Setup Example

Great work guys, thx :)

A last little question, is it possible to check if a textfield (label) is filled in or not? If yes, how?

the problem is, when I do the very first install of mathlab I need to fill in my company name and a serial number.

But when I remove mathlab and install it again my company name is already filled in so the focus is directly set to the field of the serial number.

thx

Great work guys, thx :)

A last little question, is it possible to check if a textfield (label) is filled in or not? If yes, how?

the problem is, when I do the very first install of mathlab I need to fill in my company name and a serial number.

But when I remove mathlab and install it again my company name is already filled in so the focus is directly set to the field of the serial number.

thx

u can serach hlp file for send command

Send ("your serial or any string u need")

can u post a snapshop I wanna know if the fields u're talking about are enabled or not

Edited by star2

...A last little question, is it possible to check if a textfield (label) is filled in or not? If yes, how? ...

First, upgrade to v3.2.4.6 released 20 May 2007.

See if ControlGetText will work for you...

If not, then find and read the registry key [see RegRead()] that MathLab is probably using to store that info from a previous install and use a simple "if/then/else/endif" to deal with the install GUI.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

First, upgrade to v3.2.4.6 released 20 May 2007.

See if ControlGetText will work for you...

If not, then find and read the registry key [see RegRead()] that MathLab is probably using to store that info from a previous install and use a simple "if/then/else/endif" to deal with the install GUI.

-MSP-

Thx, but I've no experience with registry keys so I don't know where to look to find that information

Thx, but I've no experience with registry keys so I don't know where to look to find that information

Copy the serial number referenced here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=346461

Paste it into the script below for the $SerialNumber

Then go to Start > Run

Type regedit

Press enter

One the left side of the regedit GUI,

select/highlight HKEY_CURRENT_USER

From the menu bar of regedit: Edit > Find

Paste the serial number into the field named "Find what:"

Uncheck all of the check boxes under "Look at" except "Data"

Click on the "Find Next" button

Assuming that you locate the key of interest, start the "AutoIt v3 Window Info" tool, bring the regedit GUI into focus and then look under the "AutoIt v3 Window Info" tool tab named "Hidden Text" tab. [if there is no key info shown, then look under the tab named "Visible Text".]

Copy the key starting with the HKEY part to the end of the text/key...

Paste it into the script below for the $KeyName

Return to the regedit GUI and select the row from the right hand pane that contains the serial number by clicking on the valuename under the column header labeled "name" [labeling it value would have been too easy]

Copy that valuename by right clicking on it and selecting rename [then copy the valuename and press ESC]

Paste it into the script below for the $ValueName

Run the script.

$SerialNumber = ""
$KeyName = ""
$ValueName = ""

$Return = RegRead($KeyName, $ValueName)
If @error = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "unable to open requested key")
If @error = 2 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "unable to open requested main key")
If @error = 3 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "unable to remote connect to the registry")
If @error = -1 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "unable to open requested value")
If @error = -2 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "value type not supported")

If $Return = $SerialNumber Then
    ; some code here
    MsgBox(0, "", "Found SN")
Else
    ; other code here
    MsgBox(0, "", "Oops")
EndIf

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]