Sending Email

I'm trying to use our standard email code. To send a email with an Exchange server instead, and I can't seem to get it to go... Any help would be greaat!!!

#include <INet.au3>

$s_SmtpServer = "mysmtpserver.com.au"

$s_FromName = "My Name"

$s_FromAddress = "From eMail Address"

$s_ToAddress = "To eMail Address"

$s_Subject = "My Test UDF"

Dim $as_Body[2]

$as_Body[0] = "Testing the new email udf"

$as_Body[1] = "Second Line"

$Response = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body)

$err = @error

If $Response = 1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Success!", "Mail sent")

Else

MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Mail failed with error code " & $err)

EndIf

I'm trying to use our standard email code. To send a email with an Exchange server instead, and I can't seem to get it to go... Any help would be greaat!!!

#include <INet.au3>

$s_SmtpServer = "mysmtpserver.com.au"

$s_FromName = "My Name"

$s_FromAddress = "From eMail Address"

$s_ToAddress = "To eMail Address"

$s_Subject = "My Test UDF"

Dim $as_Body[2]

$as_Body[0] = "Testing the new email udf"

$as_Body[1] = "Second Line"

$Response = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body)

$err = @error

If $Response = 1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Success!", "Mail sent")

Else

MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Mail failed with error code " & $err)

EndIf

Is your exchange server enabled to accept pop3/smtp connections? As far as I remember, by default it is not enabled and you can only connect to it through the exchange protocols and not automatically through pop3/smtp.

I don't know where to enable this but a colleague of mine set it up recently so I know it can be done :-)

I did one search in google and maybe this helps: http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/default.asp?id=824

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Is your exchange server enabled to accept pop3/smtp connections? As far as I remember, by default it is not enabled and you can only connect to it through the exchange protocols and not automatically through pop3/smtp.

I don't know where to enable this but a colleague of mine set it up recently so I know it can be done :-)

I did one search in google and maybe this helps: http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/default.asp?id=824

Yeah that's where it gets harder . The Pop3 is disabled on the server for our own reasons.. Any way to get around that ?? so it just uses exchange ???

Yeah that's where it gets harder . The Pop3 is disabled on the server for our own reasons.. Any way to get around that ?? so it just uses exchange ???

You'll have to write something that speaks Exchange. Maybe someone already did (and made UDFs) and/or found another way to speak Exchange (dll's, API?), I don't know, I hardly ever have any need for exchange functionality. Search the forum, there are a lot of threads about exchange stuff. If you don't find anything, maybe you should post a new topic asking more specifically about how to speak Exchange.

Good luck!

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...