Mute mic/line in

What i want to do is create a script that when run will mute the mic/line in. The idea is to use it with AutoHotkey so i can turn my mic on/off when i mute the speakers using my laptops mute button.

• 2 weeks later...

Although there are reaults (Broken link by the way) i was unable to find a solved thread that matched what i needed

SoundSetWaveVolume (0)

(for your speakers)

Edited by c4nm7

SoundSetWaveVolume (0)

(for your speakers)

But will this mute the input from my mic?

The idea is so i can quickly mute my mic and speakers at the same time for a VOIP program, sort of like putting someone on hold.

My laptop already has a mute button but that only works for output, what i plan to do is to create a AutoHotkey program that watches the mute button and when pressed mutes the input

But will this mute the input from my mic?

The idea is so i can quickly mute my mic and speakers at the same time for a VOIP program, sort of like putting someone on hold.

My laptop already has a mute button but that only works for output, what i plan to do is to create a AutoHotkey program that watches the mute button and when pressed mutes the input

well you can mute speakers using this UDF

Edited by c4nm7

• 3 weeks later...

Again sry for delay. Is it possible to get email notificaitons from this forum? Ill have a look in the UserCP

I have a mute button on my laptop, but this only mutes the speakers it dosnt mute the microphone.

What i need is to be able to mute my line in.

The link you gave me dosn't help.