FileInstall- 50% failure

It seems like everyone and their uncle has asked (or answered) a question about FIleINstall. However, I have not been able to discover where I have been going wrong. I have been experiencing some issues... Sometimes my FileInstall commands work, but usually they don't. However, I need a program that will work the first time, every time.

Just so you know what this code does...It is a script that writes scripts. The idea is that people that don't have AutoIt can easily 'lock' files. When the script is run, it is supposed to install files into the temp directory. These files are the ones that AutoIt uses to convert .au3 files into .exe files. THe script writes a script, inclluding a line of FileInstall (this is *not* the FileInstall that doesn't work). It then compiles it into an exe (with the chosen file packed into it), which later acts as a self-extractor. I know my code works because when I call the Aut2Exe from its current directory, it works just fine.

I know this code is very simplistic... I wrote it several months ago when I was new to AutoIt. I am aware that there are better ways to "lock" files. I do, however, want to implement the self-writing script capabilities for some of my other programs. The FileInstall is important (because not everyone that will use my program has AutoIt.)

Please excuse my rambling nature; any assistance would be appreciated.

-TehBeyond

CODE
#cs
This code written by TehBeyond           tehbeyond@gmail.com         7/21/06
This code modifed by _________           ___________________         ________
Feel free to modify this code, but leave this portion intact.
Add your name/email to a Modifed By line before distributing your code.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Description||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
This script writes scripts :D  The idea is to complile this script.  It will get all of the
files it needs in order to create its own compiled scripts.  It 'locks' files by FileInstalling
them into the .exe that it creates.

Unfortunately, the FileInstall commands below work only half the time.
#ce

;#NoTrayIcon
Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 3)
FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe",@TempDir&"\FileLock\Aut2Exe.exe",1)
FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoItSC.bin",@TempDir&"\FileLock\AutoItSC.bin",1)
FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\upx.exe",@TempDir&"\FileLock\upx.exe",1)
FileInstall("C:\ArchiveStuff\MainArchive.7z\Programs\FileLock\_Readme.txt",@TempDir&"\FileLock\_readme.txt",1)
FileInstall("C:\ArchiveStuff\MainArchive.7z\Programs\FileLock\padlock.ico",@TempDir&"\FileLock\icon.ico",1)
FileSetAttrib(@TempDir&"\FileLock","+H",1)

$filesource = FileOpenDialog("FileLock--> Lock.  Please select source file.", "C:\", "All Files(*.*)" ,3)
If @error = 1 Then
    Exit
EndIf
Call("SetDefaultName")
Do
    $filedestination = FileSaveDialog( "FileLock--> Lock.  Please select destination file.", "C:\", "Executables (*.exe)",16,$DefaultName)
    If @error = 1 Then
        Local $temp=MsgBox(52,"FileLock--> Save Error","A destination is necessary. Do you wish to Exit? Click No to try again.")
        If $temp = 6 Then
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndIf
Until $filedestination <> ""
Do
$password=InputBox("FileLock-->Lock","Please enter the unlock password for your Locked file.","","*",250,130)
    If @error = 1 OR $password="" OR (@error = 1 AND $password="") Then
            Local $temp=MsgBox(52,"FileLock--> Password Error","A Password is necessary. Do you wish to Exit? Click No to try again.")
            If $temp = 6 Then
                Exit
            EndIf
    EndIf
Until $password <> ""

If StringRight($filedestination,4) <> ".exe" Then
    Local $temp=$filedestination
    Global $filedestination=$temp&".exe"
EndIf

Call("WriteFile2Compile")
Sleep(1000)
Call("Compile")
FileSetAttrib(@TempDir&"\FileLock\filetemp.au3","-SHR")
While FileExists(@TempDir&"\FileLock\filetemp.au3")
FileDelete(@TempDir&"\FileLock\filetemp.au3")
WEnd
MsgBox(64,"FileLock","Your file was Locked and is in your chosen directory.")
Exit

Func WriteFile2Compile()
$filetemp=FileOpen(@TempDir&"\FileLock\filetemp.au3",10)
FileWriteLine($filetemp,"#NoTrayIcon")
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'Global $pword="'&$password&'"')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'$passwordinput=InputBox("FileLock-->Unlock","Please enter the unlock password.","","*",250,130)')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'While $pword <>$passwordinput')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'IF @error = 1 Then')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'Exit')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'EndIf')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'$passwordinput=InputBox("FileLock-->Unlock","WRONG Password. Please enter the CORRECT password.","","*")')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'Wend')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'While 1')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'$filedestination = FileSaveDialog( "FileLock-->Unlock-->Destination", "C:\", "Executables (*.exe)",16,"'&$DefaultName2&'")')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'If @error = 1 Then')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'Exit')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'Else')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'ExitLoop')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'EndIf')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'Wend')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'FileInstall("'&$filesource&'",$filedestination,1)')
FileWriteLine($filetemp,'MsgBox(64,"FileLock-->Unlock","The file was unlocked to your chosen directory.")')
FileClose($filetemp)
EndFunc
Func Compile()
    Run(@TempDir&"\FileLock\Aut2Exe.exe",@TempDir&"\FileLock\",@SW_HIDE)
Do
    Sleep(100)
Until 1=WinExists("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter")

ControlSetText("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter",'',1020,FileGetLongName(@TempDir&"\FileLock\filetemp.au3",1))
ControlSetText("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter",'',1025,$filedestination)
ControlSetText("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter",'',1026,@TempDir&"\FileLock\icon.ico")

If ControlCommand("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter",'',1030,"IsChecked","") Then
    ControlCommand("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter",'',1030,"UnCheck","")
EndIf

WinMenuSelectItem("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter","","C&ompression","Highest")
WinMenuSelectItem("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter","","C&ompression","UPX Compress .exe stub")
ControlSend("Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter",'',1026,"^c")

While 0=WinExists("Aut2Exe")
    Sleep(50)
WEnd
ProcessClose("Aut2Exe.exe")
EndFunc

Func SetDefaultName()
    Local $i=0
    Local $tempread
    While $tempread <> "\"
        Local $i2=$i
        $i=$i2+1
        $tempread=StringLeft(StringRight($filesource,$i),1)
    WEnd
    Global $DefaultName2=StringTrimLeft($filesource,StringLen($filesource)-($i-1))
    $i=0
    While $tempread <> "." AND $i <51
        Local $i2=$i
        $i=$i2+1
        $tempread=StringLeft(StringRight($filesource,$i),1)
    WEnd
    If $i<51 Then
        Global $DefaultName="FL"&StringTrimRight($DefaultName2,$i)&".exe"
    Else
        Global $DefaultName="FL"&$DefaultName2&".exe"
    EndIf
EndFunc

I would have told you I have Alzheimer's, but I forgot.My Splendid-Tastic Blog

The destination folder used in FileInstall() must exist for success.

If DirCreate(@TempDir & '\FileLock') Then
    FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe", @TempDir & "\FileLock\Aut2Exe.exe", 1)
    FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoItSC.bin", @TempDir & "\FileLock\AutoItSC.bin", 1)
    FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\upx.exe", @TempDir & "\FileLock\upx.exe", 1)
    FileInstall("C:\ArchiveStuff\MainArchive.7z\Programs\FileLock\_Readme.txt", @TempDir & "\FileLock\_readme.txt", 1)
    FileInstall("C:\ArchiveStuff\MainArchive.7z\Programs\FileLock\padlock.ico", @TempDir & "\FileLock\icon.ico", 1)
    FileSetAttrib(@TempDir & "\FileLock", "+H", 1)
Else
    MsgBox(0x40030, 'FileLock', 'User Temp folder is inaccessable' & @CRLF & 'Program will now Exit')
    Exit 1
EndIf

:)

Interesting observation. So, why not to ask for a new feature here -- let's say a new flag (i.e. 2) which will automatically creates the dir if not in place.

Something like:

FileInstall ( "source", "dest", 1+2 ) ; overwrite + create path