Switching Between IE Windows With Same Title

Have a situation where I need to switch between two Internet Explorer windows that unfortunately have the same Title. So I just can't use the Winactivate("Title") command. Running and closing IE windows looks terrible due to the loading and closing of IE. Is there a way to switch between the windows? or even the Tabs?

I don't know what are the window handles for the IE but you could probably follow a different approach. Just find the keyboard combination for switching between the tabs (in Firefox is Ctrl+TAB, don't know for IE7).

Could you give us some background on these IE Windows? Are they opened via script or by the user?

I'm opening three different Internet Explorer instances via the "Run" command. Each instance displays a web page from a server room monitoring device that has its own web browser. All three devices, when you attach to the web page, change the window name to "IMS 4000 - Microsoft Internet Explorer". Would like to switch in between these windows every couple of minutes. I can't send ALT+TAB to switch between the windows because it switches between the current window and the previously displayed window. I tried opening one IE session with three tabs and just sending CTRL and TAB to switch between the tabs but, even though if you have the tabs open with IE being the only active program, I can do it fine manually, but when I try sending the same actions via key sequences, the focus changes.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by JoeInGeorgetown

Search the helpfile for _IECreate and then look at _IEPropertyGet with the "hwnd" parameter. You can use the handle returned by the later function in the standard Win* AutoIt functions like WinActivate.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble