PE-Checksum

I want to be able to correct the PE-Checksum in a file with autoit. I currently use modifype.exe to do this... but it seems it is not compatable with vista. :) The purpose of this is when modifying system files on a Windows XP disk the PE-Checksum has to be fixed or Windows Setup gives copy errors on the patched files.

I want to be able to correct the PE-Checksum in a file with autoit. I currently use modifype.exe to do this... but it seems it is not compatable with vista. :) The purpose of this is when modifying system files on a Windows XP disk the PE-Checksum has to be fixed or Windows Setup gives copy errors on the patched files.

What legitimate reason would you have for modifying system files? Windows has had to build in protective measures to defeat exactly what you are doing.

@Confuzzled: If you are asking such a question, then you have probably never used programs like Bart-PE, nLite, etc. There are MANY legitimate reasons that somebody is forced to change the original system files.

What legitimate reason would you have for modifying system files? Windows has had to build in protective measures to defeat exactly what you are doing.

Ummm... search the net. There are tons of reasons to do so. Legitimatley If you are a computer tech you would find it very useful to do so. It is a way of performing tasks on a windows install disk to simplify many things.

I'm the creator of the RyanVM Integrator which completely deals with just that. That is why I am asking this question... because modifype does not work in vista and I need to be able to perform this task to be able to make the integrator work in a vista environment.

You can read about the uses of the RyanVM Integrator and nLite in this months Maximum-PC Magazine June-2007