remote controlling a pc

Here is what I would like to be able to do, something so ver simple. So simple it is even an example in the help file. However, I cannot even get the example to work, with the correct changes. I would like to run a script on my laptop that will start windows media player on my desktop PC. However, it will not work. There is no password or user name entry to put in an I made the change only where it need the name of the computer.

I would like to do this without server/client scripts and just make one script on my computer. I could make the server/client, and perhaps that would be easier, but I don't know how to do this and would like to know how. Any suggestions or tips or corrections in my errors, please do let me know.

The Example Code From The Help File On The Topic Of ObjCreate:

CODE
$oRemoteMedia = ObjCreate("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1","name-of-computer)

If not @error then

Msgbox(0,"Remote ObjCreate Test","ObjCreate() of a remote Mediaplayer Object successful !")

$oRemoteMedia.Open( @WindowsDir & "\media\Windows XP Startup.wav") ; Play sound if file is present

Else

Msgbox(0,"Remote ObjCreate Test","Failed to open remote Object. Error code: " & hex(@error,8))

Endif

I'm not sure but maybe I misused the function. I guess not all functions are created as equal.

Much appreciated,

-The713

$oRemoteMedia = ObjCreate("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1")

If not @error then
    Msgbox(0,"Remote ObjCreate Test","ObjCreate() of a remote Mediaplayer Object successful !")
    $oRemoteMedia.Open("c:\Windows\media\chimes.wav")      ; Play sound if file is present
Else
    Msgbox(0,"Remote ObjCreate Test","Failed to open remote Object. Error code: " & hex(@error,8))
Endif

I would use it this way..i get the msgbox correctly but no sound :)

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

not to be an asshole but there is a program called.. VNC server.. it owns

anyway good luck trying to script one

OK many programms do that!!!

Net Support for schools (totally awsome, just broked in and you can totally control the pc and everything)

logmein (great one works globally)

Gotomypc (same)

I do realize there already are programs that do as such but instead of just taking someone else stuff, I would much rather enjoy learning how to creat my own means of performing my task.

Thanks for the help attempts people.