Windows Shortcuts on GUI?

Hello,

I am asking here as I don't have a great experience with GUI scripting.. Is there any way to show Windows Shortcuts (*.lnk) directly on an AutoIT GUI? What I have thought is a script that could read some folders and display the Windows shortcuts on the GUI the same way Windows does (meaning displaying the icon and the shortcut title below).

Just asking..

P.S. If this is not possible, any other idea on this approach would be more than welcome.

Hello,

I am asking here as I don't have a great experience with GUI scripting.. Is there any way to show Windows Shortcuts (*.lnk) directly on an AutoIT GUI? What I have thought is a script that could read some folders and display the Windows shortcuts on the GUI the same way Windows does (meaning displaying the icon and the shortcut title below).

Just asking..

P.S. If this is not possible, any other idea on this approach would be more than welcome.

Found it...

Im not sure if thisis waht your looking for but.. its the best i can do in a short time... i will continue to look for a better thing that you need if you tell me more exctley wot you would like...

So here they are 3 diffrent one form worst to best...

toolbar2.au3

toolbar2_val.au3

toolbar_king.au3

EDIT: i found the post wich had them om(no credit to me for making... because i did'nt but i found them so credit to me there)

Edited by SalazarCheats

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

@SalazarCheats: Thank you for the nice examples. However what I exactly want is not placing an icon on a button or something similar to that. I want to create a GUI that can display windows shortcuts just the way windows does. You should be able even to double click them to run a program. The best I did so far, is to play with FileGetShortcut to read the data of a *.lnk file and tried to 'reproduce' it on the GUI. Although I can fetch the icon and the name of the shortcut (so as to make it seem real) I don't have all the other functionality (i.e. double clicking, right clicking, selecting).

@Zedna: I am not quite sure that I understood your approach well... A short example would be welcome (if not that difficult)..

Thank you both for the rapid response. :)