InputBox not giving correct output

I know this is the most basic of questions, and the sad thing is I had it all working before, and then my memory stick corrupted and I lost all data.

Basically I want two input boxes, one for first initial, one for surname, and then a username is created using these two values.

The username part works, but the individual part doesn't....this is what I have:

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("First Initial", 20,50,50,20)
$7fn = GUICtrlCreateInput ("", 80,50,90,20)
GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Surname", 20,80,50,20)
$7sn = GUICtrlCreateInput ("", 80,80,90,20)
$7button=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Create User", 80,125,80,30)oÝ÷ ٩ݶ§jëh×6$7username = GUICtrlRead($7fn) & "06" & GUICtrlRead($7sn)
$username = $7username
MsgBox(0, "", $7fn & @CRLF & $7sn & @CRLF & $7username)

just to test what the output is. The username works, so entering A/Adams would create username of A06Adams. But when I make it output just the $7fn and $7sn it gives me numbers and wont put the real values. What am I doing wrong?

I know this is the most basic of questions, and the sad thing is I had it all working before, and then my memory stick corrupted and I lost all data.

Basically I want two input boxes, one for first initial, one for surname, and then a username is created using these two values.

The username part works, but the individual part doesn't....this is what I have:

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("First Initial", 20,50,50,20)
$7fn = GUICtrlCreateInput ("", 80,50,90,20)
GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Surname", 20,80,50,20)
$7sn = GUICtrlCreateInput ("", 80,80,90,20)
$7button=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Create User", 80,125,80,30)oÝ÷ ٩ݶ§jëh×6$7username = GUICtrlRead($7fn) & "06" & GUICtrlRead($7sn)
$username = $7username
MsgBox(0, "", $7fn & @CRLF & $7sn & @CRLF & $7username)oÝ÷ Ú;¬¶Ú-zËp«mê.¶­Äázë®v¦{
+Ë(z{^®)àðjk0¢é]r·µë¬z¹ÚêNu©¬ëpéÈ©Ú.¶­ë-¶´ß®ß©ÝÓ~»²x­+Þ²g§ºfޮƧw
'¶­¶«y©oj[±hZµ©v§
èêº^)¼N¼­+ºÚ"µÍÌÍÍÝÙ[YHHÕRPÝXY
    ÌÍÍÙH   [È ][ÝÌ
][ÝÈ  [ÈÕRPÝXY
    ÌÍÍÜÛBÌÍÝÙ[YHH ÌÍÍÝÙ[YBÙÐÞ
    ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ÌÍÍÙ    [ÈÔ   [È ÌÍÍÜÛ  [ÈÔ   [È ÌÍÝÙ[YJ

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Hi, its giving the right output your just not outputting what you want. try this.

MsgBox(0, "", GUICtrlRead($7fn) & @CRLF & GUICtrlRead($7sn) & @CRLF & $7username)

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it when I need it"....EinsteinAnd in our case... That's the AutoIT helpfile ;) Please read before posting!!!