Problem with autoit

Hi,

So I wrote the script to install Microsoft Visio Standard 2003. Ran it, it works, compiled it, and tested it again, and it works. Then I decided to write a GUI for it, ran it, it works until the very last step and it got stuck. It wouldn't click the finish button as in as in

Send ("!f")oÝ÷ Øý½éè¶'vØZ´Ú)í¢Øb²ènW¦jZ-§Ü(®Gmçè­æ§vØ^+]yÈyÙè¶Ú0¢¹+"²÷«Êé쵦åz'ÈÁ©íyÛh©jw±yË­i¹^~)^3*®zËb¢{hÊ¢²Ø^­æ°k+h©Û-^JÚ¬ý½ëkçZºÚ"µÍÚ[ØZ]XÝ]H
    ][ÝÓZXÜÜÛÙÚ[ÈÝ[ÈÙ]   ][ÝË  ][ÝÉ[Ú[Ý[   ][ÝÊBÛY
ÍL
BÙ[
    ][ÝÉÌÌÎÚI][ÝÊHÈHÜ[Ý[]ÛÚ[ØZ]XÝ]H
    ][ÝÓZXÜÜÛÙÚ[ÈÝ[ÈÙ]   ][ÝË  ][ÝÕH[Ý[][ÛÈÛÛ]YÝXØÙÜÙ[K][ÝÊBÛY
ÍL
BÙ[
    ][ÝÉÌÌÎÙ][ÝÊHÈÜ[Ú]ÛoÝ÷ Øý½æ¥²kçZºÚ"µÍÚ[ØZ]]H
    ][ÝÓZXÜÜÛÙÚ[ÈÝ[ÈÙ]   ][ÝË  ][ÝÕH[Ý[][ÛÈÛÛ]YÝXØÙÜÙ[K][ÝÊBYÝÚ[]H
    ][ÝÓZXÜÜÛÙÚ[ÈÝ[ÈÙ]   ][ÝË  ][ÝÕH[Ý[][ÛÈÛÛ]YÝXØÙÜÙ[K][ÝÊH[Ú[]]H
    ][ÝÓZXÜÜÛÙÚ[ÈÝ[ÈÙ]   ][ÝË  ][ÝÕH[Ý[][ÛÈÛÛ]YÝXØÙÜÙ[K][ÝÊ

etc...

that also didn't work. I ran the debugger tool, and it seems like the program stopped at Send ("!i"), I assume it is waiting for the finish screen to come up, which it did, but the program didn't detect it. How weird. :)

Please advise.

Thanks a bunch!

try using ControlClick() instead of sending "f" and "i" to click the buttons. :)

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it when I need it"....EinsteinAnd in our case... That's the AutoIT helpfile ;) Please read before posting!!!

I was able to create an unattended install for Visio 2003 by using the Setup.ini that is located deeper in the CD at %ROOT%\FILES\SETUP. I copied the original setup.ini in case I needed to fall back to the original settings. This setup.ini is used by the setup.exe in the root of the Visio CD to configure the options on the install. The setup.ini has much of the information you need already there. You only have to un-rem lines, edit some and add others. I used or added the following lines for my install.

MSI=VISPRO.MSI

USERNAME=Employee Name

COMPANYNAME=Company

INSTALLLOCATION=C:\Program Files\MyApp

PIDKEY="Your Key code without the dashes"

opcremoval=on

What some of these options do can be found in a document on the MS web site at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1364681033.aspx

To install I run the following.

%INST%\setup.exe /noreboot /qb!-

The Visio package will install fully with all options and without user intervention. If you need to customize the install use Microsoft's Office 2003 Recourse Kit. Use the Custom Install Wizard option.

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

try using ControlClick() instead of sending "f" and "i" to click the buttons. :)

Dave

Dave, I don't think ControlClick will solve the issue, because the windows is not active in the first place to send any command. The command halted after it installed the software, registry, etc...

Danny,

Thanks for the idea, i already had the whole script written out, and I don't think this worth more time than it needs to. But I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your input.

I'll look into this further, unless someone has other ideas. What I don't get is that I didn't change anything within my script. It worked before, and now it doesn't. It makes me wonder....WHY?

dreamz,

As a precaution I think you should add in Opt("TrayIconDebug",1) at the top of your script. This will allow you to see what line is currently being executed when you put your mouse cursor on the AutoIT tray icon. This might allow you to debug the problem a bit better as we will know exactly what line the script is hanging on if that is the case :)

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it when I need it"....EinsteinAnd in our case... That's the AutoIT helpfile ;) Please read before posting!!!

dreamz,

As a precaution I think you should add in Opt("TrayIconDebug",1) at the top of your script. This will allow you to see what line is currently being executed when you put your mouse cursor on the AutoIT tray icon. This might allow you to debug the problem a bit better as we will know exactly what line the script is hanging on if that is the case :)

Dave

Oh, I already know what line it got stuck on from using the autoit debugging tool. Basically it got stuck at the very last screen where the installation has completed, like Click Finish.

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Edited by dreamzboy

Hmm one thing you can check is maybe doing a silent install instead of trying to use AutoIT to actually create an automation. I have seen posts before where you can actually use a Setup.INI file of some sort and then run the setup.exe with a few parameters on the end and see if that works a bit better because then you don't get any dialogs as far as I know. Check the MSDN Site for info.

Other then that you can always use a mouseclick on the button if you can get the coordinates :) Also give the other control commands a go, like ControlFocus() etc

thats all I can think of atm, If i get any other ideas I will let you know

Dave

Edited by Davo

Hmm one thing you can check is maybe doing a silent install instead of trying to use AutoIT to actually create an automation. I have seen posts before where you can actually use a Setup.INI file of some sort and then run the setup.exe with a few parameters on the end and see if that works a bit better because then you don't get any dialogs as far as I know. Check the MSDN Site for info.

Other then that you can always use a mouseclick on the button if you can get the coordinates :) Also give the other control commands a go, like ControlFocus() etc

thats all I can think of atm, If i get any other ideas I will let you know

Dave

Thanks again Dave. I used your command Opt ("TrayIconDebug", 1) on my other computer that doesn't have the debugger and i find it very useful. I figured out what was wrong.

For some reason, the PC that was testing on didn't have the post screen after the installation is finished. That screen would be "Do you want to delete your cache files" and another windows pops up asking me to confirm by click yes or no. That's why it didn't work. I think the majority of the time that it didn't work is because we use the same computer for testing over and over again and that our computer become immune to our selections. That's why VMWare comes in handy for those who don't have a second pc.

I truly appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks!! :)

Dreamzboy