Little off topic but needs to be brought up

Sorry for the off topic post guys, I have been a member here since 05, and i dont want to spam but this is important.

This is about Spyrorocks and a coupe other autoit coders work being ripped. So bare with me a second.

===================================================================

After a few threads of some real CEF and Autoit members, gmaster1440 has committed the ultimate crime.

Now as all of you know i dont call anyone names.

But here is what a real Leech is.

When you take someones work and change it saying it is yours. You are a thieving Leech. And in the case of any of the autoit scripts gmaster1440 has posted i would be willing to say he stole them as well.

=================================================

Past conversations:

Interesting..at the AutoItScript.com forums, which I belong to as I use AutoIT, SpyroRocks claims to have made it. Are you him? He always uses the name Spyrorocks..soooo...

^ Auoit/CEF Member who noticed it first and raised my suspicion.

PM Spyro on Autoit forums and ask him there.

I have been on Autoit Since 05.

Then you will have your answer.

^ My reply

i asked him and he said he isnt gmaster1440

^ Verified question by anothe Autoit/CEF member.

===========================================

Now for hard proof. He is a thieving Leech.

The code for the msn lock down is basically using 4 persons function code.

None of which have his name. But it does have one unique name that was brought up.

In order i will post the real credits to this MSN Lockdown application.

Oh and to bring up another point. I asked gmaster1440 for the source a while back. His reply was, " I would rather not release it "

The real credits go to:

Func _ProcessGetName($i_PID)

Erifash <erifash@gmail.com>, Wouter van Kesteren.

Func _ProcessGetPriority($vProcess)

Matthew Tucker

Func _RunDOS($sCommand)

Jeremy Landes jlandes@landeserve.com

Global $o = ProcessExists ( "msnmsgr.exe" )

Messenger Lockout by Spyrorocks

==============================================

In lite of all this, If you decide to steal someones work and claim it as your own. You will get busted in the end.

It is the worst thing you can do in scenes such as these.

You will be a underdog and ruined your reputation.

It doesnt matter if you change your name afterwards people still recognize you by you stupidity.

gmaster1440 your deception has bitten you in the ass.

Take your fake wanna be self down the road. Oh and you can try and say those functions are not in the source of MSN Lock down, But i tend to differ seeing how this is the functions directly from the release you posted.

============================================

Special thanks to some Honest Autoit/CEf members.

kjmarket for bringing up the question.

dgameman1 for asking Spyrorocks

Now, the next best thing that can happen is one of us posting a link to this post in the autoit forums. I think i will go do this right now.

LInk to CEF Thread:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=813481#813481

==========================================

Thanks guys sorry for offtopic thread, But i think it servers as a warning to those who want to steal others work.

...When you take someones work and change it saying it is yours. You are a thieving Leech...

First, this thread might get moved to the Chat forum.

Second, most members of this AutoIt forum might agree with you - but in my opinion you are wasting your time attempting to change the behavior of others by posting "...a warning to those who want to steal others work. "

All I'm saying is - you ain't gonna change some humans.

...I now return you to your regular (optimistic) programming...

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you are right on that part.

But i know it will get through to some.

I would of posted this in chat, If i was paying attention ...

If a mod would move this it would be cool. No offenses what so ever from me.

We should respect the people who did the work instead of steeling and posting yourself as the maker.

Only if Autoit is packed with Binary and source isn't that easy to steal...

Yes you are right on that part.

But i know it will get through to some.

I would of posted this in chat, If i was paying attention ...

If a mod would move this it would be cool. No offenses what so ever from me.

lol i do that sometimes :)

thanks for posting this btw, Same hting happned to me a while back some random kid took my script and chanegd it a little and stole it for his own... and i think i recall this happening to Smoke_N as well, maybe someone who knows a lil more about encrypting .exe's should look into encrypting the script contained inside. but i don't know, maybe the people stealing script should be ashamed...

tolle indicium

• 2 weeks later...

To funny :rolleyes: I brought something like this up a while ago and the general consensus from the userbase on this forum was, "If the code was posted publicly, anyone can use it". Now it seems that that is not quite true...

No, There is nothing wrong with using public released source.

But there is a diffrence between using, and giving credits to the original coder. Then claiming it as yours completely.

yea... you post source for common health, yet some malicious thieve decides it would get them the spot light for a bit if they claim it... its annoying really... :rolleyes:

Thanks for raising awareness... :rambo:

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

After a few threads of some real CEF and Autoit members, gmaster1440 has committed the ultimate crime.

Now as all of you know i dont call anyone names.

But here is what a real Leech is.

lol, w00t :rolleyes:

Basically, if you release the source code of something, without charging for it/licensing, you are giving it away freely, and anyone can do whatever they do want with it.

If you do not want to take the risk of your source code being 'stolen', then I suppose you shouldn't release it either...

The real creator of the script can always prove it's his anyway, because it's from him it originated anyway.