Duplicate function name error

I receive a duplicate function name error when I invoke the AutoIt debugger. The contents of the dialog box are as follows:

A3ListView.au3

Func _ListView_AddArray(...)

Error: Duplicate function name.

Using AutoIt 3.2.4.6 and the latest Auto3Lib.

Hi,

did you have a look whether the func exists two times?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

did you have a look whether the func exists two times?

So long,

Mega

I presume it does exist twice and I believe that is indicative that I have done something wrong during the installation of the latest version of AutoIt and/or Auto3Lib.

I presume it does exist twice and I believe that is indicative that I have done something wrong during the installation of the latest version of AutoIt and/or Auto3Lib.

I have checked Auto3Lib and it is only defined once in A3LListView.au3. Should be easy to track down. Do a search for all files on you machine with that function name and see what you find.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

I have checked Auto3Lib and it is only defined once in A3LListView.au3. Should be easy to track down. Do a search for all files on you machine with that function name and see what you find.

The debugger uses the beta version of AutoIt and installls in its own directory with its own include file which contains a A3LListView.au3 file. I don't know how or why it would see both of the files and therefore believe it sees a duplicate. There are other instances of the file name but they are in the help files etc.

The debugger uses the beta version of AutoIt and installls in its own directory with its own include file which contains a A3LListView.au3 file. I don't know how or why it would see both of the files and therefore believe it sees a duplicate. There are other instances of the file name but they are in the help files etc.

Uh... What AutoIt debugger? :) Is this some tool that has been built using Auto3Lib? Like you say, even if it is, I can't see how/why it would be conflicting with the includes in your source. If it is, you might want to contact the author of the tool, because this would be a big problem.

Uh... What AutoIt debugger? :) Is this some tool that has been built using Auto3Lib? Like you say, even if it is, I can't see how/why it would be conflicting with the includes in your source. If it is, you might want to contact the author of the tool, because this would be a big problem.

http://thefoolonthehill.net/AutoIt_AutoIt_Debugger.htm

I found it here and have used it extensively during script development. I found it very useful as a debugger and it also has detected problems in my code which explained some of the strange things I was seeing during development.

http://thefoolonthehill.net/AutoIt_AutoIt_Debugger.htm

I found it here and have used it extensively during script development. I found it very useful as a debugger and it also has detected problems in my code which explained some of the strange things I was seeing during development.

When I install this to a temporary directory, it doesn't install any parts of Auto3Lib that I can see. It doesn't appear to modify any parts of my AutoIt Include structure either.

Edit: However, it looks like a really cool tool. :)

Edited by PaulIA

When I install this to a temporary directory, it doesn't install any parts of Auto3Lib that I can see. It doesn't appear to modify any parts of my AutoIt Include structure either.

Paul,

I left something out of my last response. I agree that the debugger does not use any of your libraries. However, it requires the beta (no the standard version)version of AutoIt which installs in a beta subdirectory of the c:\program files|AutoIt3 directory. The beta subdirectory has an include subdirectory and that is where the A3LListView.au3 file shows up.

Paul,

I left something out of my last response. I agree that the debugger does not use any of your libraries. However, it requires the beta (no the standard version)version of AutoIt which installs in a beta subdirectory of the c:\program files|AutoIt3 directory. The beta subdirectory has an include subdirectory and that is where the A3LListView.au3 file shows up.

Unless Jon has done something that I'm not aware of :), Auto3Lib has never been a part of any version of AutoIt. Just for grins, uninstall Auto3Lib, then AutoIt (all versions), then completely delete the AutoIt directory. Then install the latest versions of AutoIt and Auto3Lib. Then install your debugger. I'm betting the problem will go away. If not, let me know and we'll keep working it.

Edit: Might want to contact the author and have him update his tool to work with the latest version of AutoIt. Jon's added a lot of nice features that he might find useful.

Edited by PaulIA

Unless Jon has done something that I'm not aware of :), Auto3Lib has never been a part of any version of AutoIt. Just for grins, uninstall Auto3Lib, then AutoIt (all versions), then completely delete the AutoIt directory. Then install the latest versions of AutoIt and Auto3Lib. Then install your debugger. I'm betting the problem will go away. If not, let me know and we'll keep working it.

I need to sign off for awhile and when I get home I will do that. I believe that I have actually done that already but then run into the problem of running my scripts with the debugger that doesn't have the proper includes. I am probably the one who copied your library into the beta include directory so I could use the debugger. I will clean everything out, reload and be back in touch.

I need to sign off for awhile and when I get home I will do that. I believe that I have actually done that already but then run into the problem of running my scripts with the debugger that doesn't have the proper includes. I am probably the one who copied your library into the beta include directory so I could use the debugger. I will clean everything out, reload and be back in touch.

:)

Edit: Might want to contact the author and have him update his tool to work with the latest version of AutoIt. Jon's added a lot of nice features that he might find useful.

OK, I cleaned everything out and reloaded as you suggested. It turns out that I found some script problems once again that cleared up the original error. However, I have another duplicate function error now but will do a thorough investigation before I come back to the forum.

I am going to send a message to the debugger author to see if he can use the now current release of AutoIt with his tool. I have found the tool to be very useful for my script debugging.

Thanks

OK, I cleaned everything out and reloaded as you suggested. It turns out that I found some script problems once again that cleared up the original error. However, I have another duplicate function error now but will do a thorough investigation before I come back to the forum.

I am going to send a message to the debugger author to see if he can use the now current release of AutoIt with his tool. I have found the tool to be very useful for my script debugging.

Thanks

You're welcome. Hope you get everything working again. :)