Alzo Process Management

marfdaman

This kind of speaks for itself, or so I hope: it's a task manager to which I added several functions that I sometimes missed in the standard Windows version.

These include removal of a running process (such as a virus that gets restarted before you get get a chance to delete it), being able to see where a process executable is located, window managing and some other minor things. I also added the possibility of saving the entire list(s) to an Excel file.

- Needs beta to work

- Hope you like it (hadn't AutoIt'ed in an age...)

Screenshot: Posted Image

Alzo_Process_Management.au3

Example Excel export file: APMLists22-May-07.xls

Exe file (for those who want it)

Used UDFs:

_GetExtProperty.au3 by Simucal

ExcelCOM UDF by Locodarwin

CPU usage function by Larry

Process Suspend/Resume UDF by The Kandie Man

_GetExtProperty.au3

Edited by marfdaman

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is nice.. I have been working on something similar to this myself but it wasn't this user friendly... I like how you allow the option to change the visiblity of a window because I never even thought about adding an option like that. Nice work.

@CompWiz:

Glad you like it :)

@SleepyXtreme:

I often had that problem too, it's one of the reasons I decided to make it.

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very nice application! :)

and well done sources (nice programming style).

One little idea for internal improve/optimize:

_Process_Init() and _Window_Init() could use _Process_Enum() and _Windows_Enum() because it's very similar code.

In xx_Enum() functions could be added some parameter for distinguish betwwen call from Init and from other places.

@DaWan

I don't think I will implement a dll injector into the program :)

@mrRevoked

Thanks!

@Zedna

Yes, you're absolutely right about that. I did more or less copy the code to the init functions when I decided to make the lists refresh in stead of renew every x seconds, so I'll change that soon. And I'm glad you like the way it's written :)

A few ideas for new functions:

- show version information (from EXE/DLL file resources)

- show memory usage for each file

little bug:

- when I move selected item in ListView by Up/Down key then isn't refreshed detail window

it can be done by using GUIRegisterMsg and LVN_ITEMCHANGED (LVN_ITEMCHANGED or some similar - I don't know exact event)

A few ideas for new functions:

- show version information (from EXE/DLL file resources)

- show memory usage for each file

little bug:

- when I move selected item in ListView by Up/Down key then isn't refreshed detail window

it can be done by using GUIRegisterMsg and LVN_ITEMCHANGED (LVN_ITEMCHANGED or some similar - I don't know exact event)

The version information and ListView issues shouldn't be too hard, however I know of no way of retrieving the memory usage (or cpu usage) on a per process base other than through a third user program. And even If I manage to find out how to accomplish this, it is likely that I will only show them in the information window (i.e. when you click on the process in the list) as it might be too processor intensive to check and update that info for every item in the list as well.

btw, thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it :)

Excelent work

an extended task manager!

Nice work :)

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

The version information and ListView issues shouldn't be too hard, however I know of no way of retrieving the memory usage (or cpu usage) on a per process base other than through a third user program. And even If I manage to find out how to accomplish this, it is likely that I will only show them in the information window (i.e. when you click on the process in the list) as it might be too processor intensive to check and update that info for every item in the list as well.

btw, thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it :)

For memory info look at Computer info UDF.

It uses WMI maybe there us solution.

I presume you mean _ComputerGetProcesses?

I've just looked, but I can't seem to find neither cpu nor memory info for an individual process.

Could you show me which function I need?

btw I uploaded the fixed version with additional information about the process (including file version)

Edited by marfdaman

I presume you mean _ComputerGetProcesses?

I've just looked, but I can't seem to find neither cpu nor memory info for an individual process.

Could you show me which function I need?

btw I uploaded the fixed version with additional information about the process (including file version)

Answer is here :)

SUGGESTION:

MAKE THIS PROGRAM VERY VERY VERY NEAT LOOKING WITH NICE TABS ECT ECT ECT, MAYBE NOT FULL SCREEN, AND THEN ADD AN OPTION TO REPLACE YOUR OLD TASK MANAGER :), IF YOU WANNA KNOW HOW TO DO THAT YOU CAN PM ME :)

Currently i'm using it as "MY" task manager, so when i access task manager through the windows interface it brings it up.

• 4 months later...

Nice function!

Tweaks to source .au3:

1. When I downloaded it, the #include was for ExcelCOM.au3 vice ExcelCOM_UDF.au3, had to fix that to run it.

2. Since only one function is in _GetExtProperty.au3, I copied the function (with header for attribution to Simucal) in at the bottom.

3. Just for consistency with other Windows apps, added Exit to the File menu.

Perhaps an option to export to .csv vice .xls for use where MS Office is not installed would be nice.

You've already got solutions for getting per-process memory usage, but this thread also shows how to get per-process percent CPU time.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 11 months later...

have you read the all posts here http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=80239&st=0

some good suggestions to make your script better!

Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

• 3 months later...