Creating a program to order my comp to run and close softwear...Please help

is there a way we could talk through IM or something... i have lots of questions?

Go to http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php

and download/instal Autoit3 and Scite4Autoit3.

Then open Autoit Helpfile: "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit.chm" (or F1 from Scite)

Read basics about Autoit language and example scripts there first and then go back here and ask your concrete questions ...

Go to http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php

and download/instal Autoit3 and Scite4Autoit3.

Then open Autoit Helpfile: "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit.chm" (or F1 from Scite)

Read basics about Autoit language and example scripts there first and then go back here and ask your concrete questions ...

of course and also look at here and also search forums and download Au3Lib!!

Could i please talk to someone on IM or something like that... i am really struggling

PTC I am not a programmer either. I am learning AutoIt by writing scripts (that includes successful attempts and miserable failures) and reading topics on this forum. If you follow the advise of the previous posters and check the help file you will find a direction.

I began with AutoIt in order to automate some software installs at work. Check the help file for the WinZip install tutorial. Looking at that help topic allowed me to create my first script. After that you will get good answers to your questions on this forum just don't be afraid to jump in and try a little something on your own. I promise you that the experts here will do everything possible to answer your questions. Everyone here is willing to help someone who is willing to help themselves. You need to post specific questions though.

Every topic in the help file has a real working example. Try them out and a whole new world will be opened to you.

(I feel like a PSA.)

Edited by ksmith247

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

Could i please talk to someone on IM or something like that... i am really struggling

Not likely, but it's not out of meanness. You can't work out a complex script without first learning a few basics. Download AutoIt and the custom AutoIt script editor version of SciTE. The help file for AutoIt is much more than most help files. It is the complete command reference, contains excellent tutorials, and has good demo scripts for most functions.

The people on this forum will be glad to help, but first you need to do your first "Hello, world" script. And be ready to post a question that shows you made some effort first.

Welcome to AutoIt!

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law