Volume Indicator

Is there a way I can retrieve the current volume as a percentage or in some other format? I'm looking to create a volume indicator which appears when the system volume is changed. I can't seem to find anything but a way to set the volume with SoundSetWaveVolume.

Is there a way I can retrieve the current volume as a percentage or in some other format? I'm looking to create a volume indicator which appears when the system volume is changed. I can't seem to find anything but a way to set the volume with SoundSetWaveVolume.

well its a bit difficult , i dont think you cn do that because the volume is changed on the speakers and the computer doesnt take any action in the changing of the volume

well its a bit difficult , i dont think you cn do that because the volume is changed on the speakers and the computer doesnt take any action in the changing of the volume

the user is not talking about the volume knob on the speakers.

The master volume on the volume control, and yes it is possible, a search should reveal it has been done before.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Well, I've tried using the script referred to in this post: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...rt=#entry338780, however I was unable to even get the base script to change the volume. Windows Vista has a completely re-designed mixer and apparently you can no longer hook into the dll file as that script does (even if the executable is running in windows XP compatability mode).

Jacob

Just to add to this, here is how I did it:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1) ; A workaround to get it to work on Windows XP 64bit, I'm not sure if this have been fixed or not by now..

Global $pID = 0
Global $WindowHandle = 0
Global $ControlHandle1 = 0
Global $ControlHandle2 = 0

Global $Muted = False

Global Const $TBM_GETPOS = 0x400
Global Const $TBM_SETPOS = 0x405
Global Const $WM_VSCROLL = 0x115

$g_szVersion = "Volume Control Fixer v1.1"
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle($g_szVersion)

While 1

If Not WinExists($WindowHandle) Then
        _GetHandles()
    Else

$data1 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $ControlHandle1, "int", $TBM_GETPOS, "int", 0, "int", 0)
        $data2 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $ControlHandle2, "int", $TBM_GETPOS, "int", 0, "int", 0)

If $data1[0] <> $data2[0] Then
            DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $ControlHandle2, "int", $TBM_SETPOS, "int", True, "long", $data1[0])
            DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $WindowHandle, "int", $WM_VSCROLL, "int", $SB_LINEDOWN, "int", $ControlHandle2)
        ElseIf ControlCommand($WindowHandle, "", "Button2", "IsChecked") And Not $muted Then ; Sound is muted
            ControlCommand($WindowHandle, "", "Button4", "Check")
            TrayTip("Muted!", "Sound Muted!", 0)
            $muted = True
        ElseIf Not ControlCommand($WindowHandle, "", "Button2", "IsChecked") And $muted Then ; Sound is unmuted
            ControlCommand($WindowHandle, "", "Button4", "UnCheck")
            TrayTip("Unmuted!", "Sound Unmuted!", 0)
            $muted = False
        EndIf

EndIf

Sleep(100)

WEnd

Func OnAutoItExit()

If ProcessExists($pID) Then
        ProcessClose($pID)
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>OnAutoItExit

Func _GetHandles()

$pID = Run(@SystemDir & "\sndvol32.exe", @SystemDir);, @SW_HIDE)

If Not WinWait("classname=Volume Control", "", 7500) Then
        MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Volume Control Could not be opened! Exiting..")
        Exit
    EndIf

$WindowHandle = WinGetHandle("classname=Volume Control")
    $ControlHandle1 = ControlGetHandle($WindowHandle, "", 1001)
    $ControlHandle2 = ControlGetHandle($WindowHandle, "", 2001)

EndFunc

I used this when I had a keyboard with volume control buttons on it, but it did only change the wave volume, and I wanted it to change "all" volume controls, so I made it lock the Wave volume sliders with the System Volume sliders. :)

Edited by FreeFry