help with _IEAction($oIE,"back")

Hi all,

I'm new to autoit3, so please forgive if this is obvious..

When ever I use _IEAction($oIE,"back") from the first page (home) I get an error:

Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

I understand that you can't go back past the first page, but how can I prevent the error or suppress it?

Thanks much!

rsn

Take a look at the example with _IECreateEmbedded -- it will show you how to use _IEErrorHandlerRegister to trap the error.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you so much! I have an additional question if I may...

When I run the script , it works perfectly if Explorer is launched prior to the browser window I'm trying to control. On the PC where this is actually to run, Explorer never launches (it's an IE kiosk).

#include <IE.au3>

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

$hwnd = WinGetHandle("classname=IEFrame")
$oIE = _IEAttach($hwnd, "hwnd")

_IEErrorHandlerRegister ()
_IEAction($oIE,"back")

After running the above, I get a Local $o_ShellWindows = $oShell.Windows() error. Again, "the requested action with this object has failed." Since Explorer is never launched, is there another way to accomplish this task?

Thank again,

rsn

Is it a normal IE browser in kiosk mode or is it an application with an embedded webbrowser control?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Interesting. Perhaps the Shell.Windows collection isn't getting instantiated without explore.exe running.

Your challenge is to get a reference to the IE window. Easiest way would be to create it yourself with $oIE = _IECreate

If you can't do that, see if you can use the "embedded" method of _IEAttach because it doesn't use the Shell.Windows collection

Dale